Strictly star Oti Mabuse
TV

Strictly’s Oti Mabuse supported by co-stars after being hit with devastating news before Christmas

The Strictly star shared her sadness on social media

| Updated:

Strictly Come Dancing star Oti Mabuse has been hit with some devastating news in the lead up to Christmas.

The professional dancer, who is from South Africa, has spent recent months tirelessly working in the UK.

Taking to Instagram yesterday (November 25), Oti shared her disappointment over the possibility of not seeing her family over Christmas.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Oti Mabuse (@otimabuse)

Strictly star Oti Mabuse

It comes after a further six countries have been moved to the UK’s red travel list.

As a result, flights from South Africa, Namibia, Lesotho, Botswana, Eswatini and Zimbabwe have been banned.

Clearly upset by the announcement, Oti shared a screenshot of an article covering the news.

The heart can only take so much

She added: “The heart can only take so much.”

It didn’t take long for Oti to be inundated with messages of support.

Bill Bailey wrote: “So sorry Oti- this is such a kick in the teeth after all this time. Sending love and good vibes. You know us, we are strong, the show must go on.”

Oti Mabuse
Strictly Come Dancing star Oti Mabuse shared her devastating news on social media (Credit: SplashNews.com)

Davina McCall and sister Motsi Mabuse also added crying emojis.

In addition, a fan said: “Nooooo. Hoping that things drastically change within the next few weeks.”

Another penned: “I feel your pain. We were supposed to leave tomorrow night to see our SA family – gutted / devastated.”

Read more: Strictly Come Dancing: Bookies reveal bad news for Dan Walker as everyone backs Rose to win

A third shared: “So fed up with COVID.”

A fourth posted: “I’m so sorry. Sending you love.”

Meanwhile, Oti has been busier than ever in recent months.

oti mabuse masterchef
Oti and partner Ugo Monye were voted off Strictly (Credit: BBC)

Oti and Ugo eliminated

The dancer was previously partenered with Ugo Monye on the current series of Strictly.

However, the pair were recently eliminated from the BBC One show.

In her departure speech, Oti said: “I’m grateful for the show.

Read more: Strictly news: Motsi Mabuse pulls out of this weekend’s show as replacement judge is announced

“To say that I work on the best show in the whole country, with the best celebrities, the best professionals, the best judges.

“It’s just a privilege and I’m just very grateful.”

At the time, viewers questioned whether Oti’s emotional speech was her way of saying goodbye to the show for good.

Leave us a comment on our Facebook page @EntertainmentDailyFix and let us know what you think of this story.