A child has reportedly died after becoming ill at Center Parcs in Wiltshire.
The boy is said to have been playing with three children at the Longleat Forest resort on Saturday (17.08.19) moments before he died, according to a Metro report.
He was taken ill and staff attempted to resuscitate him as dozens of shocked families watched on, before an air ambulance rushed him to hospital, where he died.
A witness who claimed the boy was playing in the resort's sub-tropical indoor pool area said: "It was reported to us that sadly a child had passed away. There had been some very intense resuscitation attempts by staff.
"With three children using the water park everyone was very upset and anxious about the pool area."
Speaking further, the witness said they were disappointed guests were not kept up to date with what was going on.
The boy's age and identity are yet to be released.
Our thoughts are with the family at this difficult time.
A spokesperson for Centre Parcs said the company is "deeply saddened" by news that a young guest had passed away after "becoming unwell" during their stay.
They continued: "Our thoughts are with the family at this difficult time. We are continuing to offer our support to the family and to our employees who provided immediate assistance. In accordance with the family's wishes for privacy at this difficult time, we will not be providing any further detail or comment."
Center Parcs UK & Ireland is headquartered in Nottingham and operates six park resorts.
The Longleat site is a 400-acre village complex, located several miles east of Frome. It was the company's third resort, opened in 1994.
Leave us a comment on our Facebook page @EntertainmentDailyFix and let us know what you think of this story.