The Latest Celebrity News & Showbiz Gossip
Friday 15th November 2019

Kevin Clifton explains why he won't be part of future Strictly tour

Reigning champion has not been announced for 2020 tour

Professional dancer Kevin Clifton has revealed he turned down a spot on Strictly Come Dancing's forthcoming live tour.

The line up for Strictly's 2020 The Professionals production was unveiled earlier this week - but some fans were puzzled to see reigning champ Kev's name was not listed.

Among the pros taking part are Katya Jones, Karen Hauer, Gorka Marquez, Dianne Buswell and Oti Mabuse.

Luba Mushtuk, Johannes Radebe, Graziano di Prima, Neil Jones and Nadiya Bychkova have also been announced.

Read more: Strictly judge Shirley Ballas 'stopped eating' because she was envious of Darcey Bussell's figure

However, Kevin, 37 - who won last year's run of the BBC One dance show with Stacey Dooley - has confirmed he has committed to another dance production.

Gutted Kev.

Replying to one fan on Twitter asking him for clarification about why his face was not shown alongside those of the participating pros, Kevin admitted he would already be "busy" with Burn The Floor - also starring his sister Joanne.

"I'm busy on tour with @OfficialBTF so had to decline," he explained.

His followers had mixed feelings about Kevin not appearing with his fellow Strictly performers.

Read more: Shoppers go wild for Lidl's pigs in blankets crisps and Christmas cake flavour ice cream

"Gutted Kev," tweeted one in response.

But another cheerily noted they preferred seeing Kevin in the ballroom spectacular again, which has previously played on Broadway.

They said: "I'm very happy about this. Last year's tour was brilliant, a rare chance to see the best dancers tell the whole story live and without camera cuts.

"Thanks for choosing to do BTF again this year and we've also got Jo this time!"

Earlier in the summer Kevin hinted about a big job next year when he told fans on Twitter he was excited about starting on a long-anticipated new project.

And just a few days ago some Kevin fans accused the BBC of having a "vendetta" against their favourite dancer following his departure from this year's competition alongside Anneka Rice.

Hopefully Kevin's future on the telly version of Strictly Come Dancing will continue for years to come!

- Week five of Strictly Come Dancing 2019 continues tonight on BBC One at 6.40pm

Leave us a comment on our Facebook page @EntertainmentDailyFix and let us know what you think of this story.