Actress Sarah Parish has been rushed to hospital after shattering her leg in a horrific sledging accident.
While the recent snow might have been fun for most of us, Sarah’s accident is a stark reminder of the dangers that lurk in the extreme weather conditions.
Sarah’s accident happened when she fell from a “cheap plastic sledge” while trying to use it as a snowboard.
The Broadchurch star is currently in hospital in Winchester following the accident and has been keeping fans up to date with her progress via her Instagram account.
Paramedicas were called to the scene of the accident yesterday, where Sarah was enjoying time in the snow with her family.
Sarah had even expressed her excitement on her social media page earlier that day – posting a video of her garden covered in snow and her eight-year-old daughter telling viewers that it was a snow day.
But the excitement of the snow soon wore off when Sarah was raced to hospital, where her leg was put in a splint.
She now faces the agony of having a pin put in her leg to fix the broken bone.
Sarah, who also revealed to fans that she has been given morphine for the pain, made light of the situation with her Instagram post by finishing off the message: “Note to self: cheap plastic sledges are for sitting in and gently trundling down primary slopes NOT a substitute for a stand up snowboard.”
Sarah also shared an insight in the drama that followed her fall – posting images of her being treated by paramedics and then being taken away in a special ambulance adapted for snowy scenes.
Last month Sarah shared snaps from a family ski trip in Austria, even posting a video of her little girl hitting the slopes.
She wrote: “Yesterday I got wiped out by an 8 year old. Today will be better…it will….IT WILL!!!!!”
Are you bored of the snow now? Leave us a comment on our Facebook page @EntertainmentDailyFix and let us know what you think!