Sharon Osbourne is planning to retire from show business before she hits 70 to “keep my dignity”.
The X Factor judge, 64, told The Sun she intends to step away from the limelight in five years.
“I just think that it would be enough, I want to keep my dignity,” she said.
“It’s very difficult if you’re at a gig and you’re the oldest person in the room. I think when you get to a certain age it can be somewhat embarrassing.
“I don’t want to be one of those people standing at the side in a miniskirt pretending you love it.”
Her comments come as Osbourne prepares to return to The X Factor with fellow judges Nicole Scherzinger, Louis Walsh and Simon Cowell in September.
Last year Osbourne revealed that she had suffered a secret breakdown.
Osbourne told US TV show The Talk, which she co-hosts, that her family “put me into a facility”.
“It’s very weird when you suffer from a bad depression… I had a complete and utter breakdown,” the star said.
The talent show judge and her rocker husband Ozzy temporarily split after his alleged affair.
Meanwhile, it has been confirmed that The X Factor will return to our screens on Saturday 2 September at 8pm.
Dermot O’Leary will be back on hosting duties, and last year’s judges are all returning too.
Show boss Simon Cowell is said to be making a whole host of changes this year, including cutting the number of live shows and not including as many novelty acts like last year’s Honey G.