The Strictly Come Dancing pros are back in the dance studio preparing for the new series of the show, and the first photo of the lively group was shared on social media on Wednesday.
The show’s official Twitter account posted a photo of the professional dancers taking a quick break from their rehearsals.
Famous and much loved Strictly dancers Anton Du Beke, Oti Mabuse and Kevin Clifton are included in the shot as they work on the dances for the upcoming series.
The photo was captioned: “Getting ready for #Strictly 2017. It’s the first week of rehearsals for our pros!” There are also some new faces in the dance studio as Nadiya Bychkova, Dianne Buswell and Amy Dowden join the team.
The rehearsals were also a chance for Strictly couple Aljaz Skorjanec and Janette Manrara to receive a few wedding gifts, after they tied the knot last month. Friends of the couple and fellow dancers Neil and Katya Jones presented them with some funky jackets that the couple tried on and posted a picture of on social media.
Janette posted the image on Twitter with the caption: “One of the coolest presents ever!! Thank you @Mrs_katjones & @Mr_NJones for our awesome denim jackets!”
It’s not long until we find out who one of the celebrity contestants on the show will be. It’s been reported that on August 7 the name of the first celebrity will be revealed! Of course there have been lots of rumours as to who will be starring in the show but nothing has been confirmed.
Some of the names that have floated around include Mollie King, Matt Goss, Samantha Womack, Anne Robinson and Olly Murs. It would be amazing if every single one of them was set to be on the show and hopefully one of them will be named on Monday.
But there are some people we know for definite will return and that’s the presenters and the judges. Familiar faces Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman will host the show, and the judges include Darcey Bussell, Craig Revel-Horwood and Bruno Tonioli. Shirley Ballas will also replace Len Goodman.
It seems pretty certain that the nation’s favourite host Bruce Forsyth won’t be appearing on this year’s series due to health concerns. The 89-year-old presented the show in the past and became a hit with the audience.
Bruce is said to be “frail” as he has been in and out of hospital for the past few years and recently suffered a chest infection in March which ended with him in intensive care. His friend Jimmy Tarbuck told The Mirror about what Bruce has been through: “He’s okay but he’s a bit frail. He’s had an aneurysm.
“It’s very serious. I saw him a week ago and he is on good form.” Bruce hasn’t been seen in public for over a year and a half.
Strictly Come Dancing celebrates its 15th series this year and it’s thought it will be broadcast in September 2017.