Ollie Ollerton SAS Who Dares Wins
TV

SAS: Who Dares Wins star Ollie Ollerton hits back at Channel 4 after being sacked

The former Special Forces officer was axed from the show earlier this month

SAS: Who Dares Wins star Ollie Ollerton has vented his frustrations after being sacked from the Channel 4 show to make way for a more diverse cast.

The former Special Forces officer, 49, appears alongside Ant Middleton, Jason Fox and Mark Billingham on the hit series.

Along with his co-stars, Ollie pushes recruits in a series of mental and physical challenges.

Ollie Ollerton has hit back at Channel 4 after being dropped from SAS: Who Dares Wins (Credit: Channel 4)

What did Ollie Ollerton say?

However, the star – who was part of the show’s original line up in 2015 – was dropped earlier this month.

According to sources, Channel 4 is hoping to bring more diversity to the Directing Staff (DS) on the series.

I’d rather have left after doing something wrong, as at least I would have understood it.

But after dedicating years of his life to the programme, Ollie admitted to feeling “disappointed and shocked”.

He told The Sun: “Five years ago we put our heads above the parapet for the first time ever – threatening our security as former members of the Special Forces – to bring that show to fruition.

The Channel 4 star was axed from the show earlier this month (Credit: SplashNews.com)

Read more: 24 Hours in A&E: Elderly couple Preston and Maureen have viewers in tears

“I expected that loyalty to be reciprocated. It clearly wasn’t. I’d rather have left after doing something wrong, as at least I would have understood it.”

What will happen to SAS: Who Dares Wins?

Ollie is currently in Oz filming SAS: Who Dares Wins Australia.

Following the shock news, he revealed the instructors also threatened to quit when they discovered himself and fellow star Jay Morton had not been kept on.

However, Ollie convinced his co-stars to stay on and film without him.

Ollie’s co-stars threatened to quit following his departure (Credit: Channel 4)

Ant Middleton’s BLM comments

Ollie’s departure comes days after fellow instructor Ant was forced to quit his position in the Royal Navy over a Black Lives Matter tweet.

The 39-year-old began his role as Chief Cadet in November, and at the time said he was honoured to be chosen.

In a now-deleted tweet, Ant appeared to label protestors of George Floyd’s death as “scum”.

He wrote: “The extreme left against the extreme right. When did two wrongs make a right?”

Ant Middleton recently quit his position in the Royal Navy (Credit: SplashNews.com)

“It was only a matter of time. BLM and EDL are not welcome on our streets, absolute scum. What a great example you are to your future generation. Bravo.”

Following the tweet, Ant was reportedly faced with being sacked or stepping down voluntarily.

He also issued an apology to those who he had offended.

Read more: Gogglebox’s Julie Malone reveals she’s suffering from ‘evil’ menopause

He told The Mirror: “On Saturday night, I made comments about violence breaking out across our streets.

“While I remain dismayed at these actions, I am horrified to realise that my wording could be misconstrued.

“I did not mean to say that BLM are scum, or to imply that BLM and the EDL are equivalent. I was trying to make a comment about violent protesters of any kind who I despise.”

Leave us a comment on our Facebook page @EntertainmentDailyFix and let us know what you think of this story.