Jack Maynard is reportedly already on his way back to the UK after dramatically leaving I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!
The 22-year-old stunned fans on Tuesday night when he exited the jungle just days after arriving.
His rep said the YouTuber wanted to be able to defend himself against recent tabloid stories and wasn’t able to do that while cooped up in camp.
According to The Mirror, the vlogger caught a flight out of Australia on Tuesday afternoon UK time, just hours before news broke of his dramatic jungle exit.
The newspaper claims Jack was whisked from the jungle to a nearby hotel, where he was able to speak with his reps and show bosses away from the glare of the spotlight.
He was reportedly placed on a flight back to the UK soon after so he wouldn’t have to talk to members of the media who are currently over in Oz to report on the show.
Although he’s best known for his social media presence, the star has yet to resurface on any of his social media accounts.
Jack’s departure from the jungle was announced by Ant & Dec on Tuesday night’s show, with them saying he had withdrawn due to circumstances outside camp.
No further information was given on air but the star’s rep later issued a statement saying Jack had agreed to leave the jungle after speaking with his advisers and show bosses.
It read: “In the last few days Jack has been the subject of a succession of media stories which, given his position as a contestant on I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here – filmed in the Australian jungle, with no contact with the outside world, he has been unable to respond to.
“Since it is only fair that everyone should be aware of any allegations made against them and should also have the right to defend themselves, it was agreed that it would be better to bring him out of the show.
“Jack agrees with this decision which was made by his representatives and ITV and thanks everyone who has supported him in the show this far.”
The star issued an apology last week after being accused of sending homophobic and racist tweets back in 2012, admitting the language in the now-deleted posts was “completely unacceptable.”
It’s now at the centre of fresh allegations that he sent “inappropriate messages” online to a female fan, although he has yet to respond to that accusation.
Read more: I’m A Celebrity bosses ‘in crisis talks’
Jack’s departure has sparked a fierce debate online, with some viewers saying it was the right decision for him to leave and others threatening to boycott the show.
The only comment issued from ITV so far is what Ant & Dec said on air: “Due to circumstances outside camp Jack has had to withdraw from the show.”
I’m A Celebrity continues 9pm on ITV.