Former Coronation Street actor Bruno Langley has been ‘cleared of any wrongdoing’ after it was claimed he sent ‘wooing’ texts to a 15-year-old girl.
The Sun reports that Greater Manchester police have said in a statement ‘no crimes were committed’.
The teenager had told her mother that the disgraced star had approached her at a gym and contacted her on social media back in 2015, despite knowing her age.
Speaking to The Sun, the girl alleged that Bruno told her she was ‘beautiful’ and asked if she was single.
The girl decided to speak out and report the alleged incidents to the police after the news broke that Bruno had been charged with groping two women in a Manchester club.
The girl told the paper the actor had “asked my age. It creeped me out. I walked away but he kept following”.
She then alleged that Bruno looked her up on Twitter and sent her a message asking if she was single.
Bruno responded to The Sun’s reporting of the claims last week with a statement strenuously denying he would have communicated with a girl of that age.
He said: “Over the years as an actor I have had hundreds of people that approach me and want to speak to me, and I also get many messages through social media.
“I have no recollection of an exchange that The Sun state happened over two years ago.
“I would not have conversed with a girl in the manner The Sun alleges, if I knew she was under the age of 16.
“I have never been contacted by any authority about an allegation of this nature.”
Bruno was handed down a 12-month community order and put on the sex offenders’ list for five years on November 28, after he pleaded guilty to sexually assaulting two women at a Manchester club.
Magistrates heard that the actor was attending his former Corrie colleague Craig Charles’ monthly funk and soul night at the Band on the Wall venue when, after becoming drunk, he grabbed one woman by the crotch and went on to touch another on her breasts and backside.
Corrie chiefs swiftly sacked the actor, and his last scenes as Todd Grimshaw will be aired on Christmas eve.
After his sentencing, Bruno released a statement saying:
“I have absolutely no memory of what happened because of excessive alcohol consumption and it was for this reason that I behaved completely out of character. However, I take full responsibility for my actions that night.
“Since this incident I have been dealing with, and confronting some personal issues that I have never addressed, and I am also getting help for an alcohol problem, so that this does not ever happen again.”