TV

Ant and Dec pitted against Emma Willis to host HUGE show in 2018

Dermot O'Leary's also in the mix

There’s been lots of speculation this week about whether Ant McPartlin will be fit enough to host this year’s I’m A Celebrity (more on which later).

But, leaping ahead to next year, the Geordie fave and his co-host Dec Donnelly are clear favourites to host one of ITV’s biggest shows.

The BRITs. Yep that music juggernaut which is just as likely to end up a car crash.

With Michael Buble ‘not planning’ on presenting the awards in 2018, William Hill have opened a book on who will get the job.

As it stands Ant & Dec are looking good as the joint 4/1 favourites.

That said they face stiff opposition from Emma Willis & Dermot O’ Leary both of whom are also 4/1.

James Corden looks an interesting 10/1 shot, whilst Little Mix can be backed at 20/1 and David Beckham at 100/1.

“Ant & Dec have all the form and if they want the job, we believe they will be first choice,” said William Hill spokesman Rupert Adams.

Who Will Present The Brit Awards 2018: odds in full…

4/1 Ant & Dec, 4/1 Emma Willis, 4/1 Dermot O’Leary, 10/1 Nick Grimshaw, 10/1 James Corden, 12/1 Marvin and Rochelle 16/1 Rylan Clarke, 16/1 Noel Fielding, 20/1 Stephen Mulhern, 20/1 Michael McIntyre, 20/1 Little Mix, 20/1 Richard Osman, 33/1 Scott Mills, 33/1 Alesha Dixon, 33/1 Bradley Walsh, 33/1 Alexandra Armstrong, 50/1 Stormzy, 50/1 John Bishop, 50/1 Miranda Hart, 66/1 Harry Styles, 66/1 Sandi Tostvig, 100/1 Becks, 100/1 Sarah Millican, 100/1 Shaun Keaveny

Now, back to I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! and that ongoing speculation Ant won’t be co-hosting the new series as he’s focusing on his recovery…

The 41-year-old has retreated from the limelight in recent months after being candid about his addiction battles and rehab stint.

He’s currently over in Los Angeles continuing his recovery out of the public eye which has, of course, led to numerous rumours he may not be well enough to co-host the next series of I’m A Celebrity, which traditionally starts in November.

Ant is currently in Los Angeles working on his recovery [Credit: FameFlynet]
Read more: Piers Morgan tells viewers why he’s had a telling off from his mum

Of course, Ant’s health and well-being is everyone’s priority, and fans want nothing more than to see him fighting fit and back on screen next to best pal Declan Donnelly, 42.

But most of us would surely prefer Ant to take all the time he needs to get better rather than rushing back too soon and jeopardising his health?

Well, the good news is that the latest claims suggest Ant is doing well and WILL be ready to join Dec in Australia when the new series begins.

A source told Daily Mail that Ant has “no plans to give up his hosting role” despite widespread reports that Caroline Flack, 37, was red-hot favourite to replace him.

Fans said the show should be axed this year if Ant couldn’t take part [Credit: ITV]
It’s welcome news for fans who are a) taking it as a sign Ant’s recovery is progressing nicely, and b) couldn’t bear the thought of Ant & Dec being split up.

Many had even urged producers to just ditch the whole series if Ant wasn’t well enough, rather than drafting in a replacement.

One tweeted: “Don’t separate Ant & Dec… just don’t film it this year it wouldn’t be the end of the world ugh.”

Another said: “It’ll either be Ant & Dec or no Celeb for this year.”

Ant’s had a difficult year [Credit: FameFlynet]
So far there’s been no word from Ant & Dec themselves or anyone on the I’m A Celeb production team, but back in August, ITV boss Kevin Lygo said: “Ant is doing really well and we are expecting him to return for I’m a Celebrity.”

An insider backed that up to Sunday Mirror, saying: “With his commitment and new-found strength, those close to him believe he will be back on TV in November.

“It’s something he is working towards and focusing on.”

Last year’s I’m A Celebrity began  in Australia on November 13. If this year’s show has a similar air date it means Ant still has a bit of time to find his feet again, especially if bosses can work around him so all he has to do is jet over to Oz before the launch.

For now, he is in Los Angeles focusing on his well-being, having jetted abroad to reportedly get some space after being followed by paparazzi during his recovery.

Ant’s rep told the Huffington Post that the press intrusion wasn’t conducive to recovery: “Having people outside his door and following him to the shop or on a dog walk is harming his progress. ”

Fans can’t bear the thought of Ant & Dec being separated [Credit: ITV]
According to reports, production on I’m A Celebrity has now been delayed to allow Ant time to get back to his healthy best again over in LA.

Read more: Katie Price’s kids have landed impressive new jobs

The Sun claims bosses had booked Ant & Dec for a big budget promo shoot this week, but it’s been postponed until Ant is feeling better.

A source said: “It would have been the first day filming but with Ant away, there is no way they could get started.”

It’s good to see everyone putting Ant’s health first.

Related Topics