I’m A Celebrity hosts Ant and Dec have provided fans with an update on the show’s return amid Storm Arwen chaos.
The hit ITV show was cancelled over the weekend as the storm wreaked havoc.
How has Storm Arwen affected I’m A Celebrity?
View this post on Instagram
Ant and Dec took to Instagram last night (Sunday, November 28) to provide I’m A Celebrity fans with an update on the show. The star’s update comes after Storm Arwen caused multiple headaches for ITV bosses.
On Friday (November 26), Ant and Dec didn’t host the show live due to fears the storm would cause technical difficulties. And things went from bad to worse for bosses, as the storm caused damage to the sets.
On Saturday, ITV took the decision to evacuate the celebrities from Gwyrch Castle as conditions worsened. The I’m A Celebrity campmates were moved back into their individual quarantines to ensure the camp remains Covid secure.
Speaking on the decision, ITV said: “Whilst we get the production base back up and running after suffering technical issues due to the storm, we have removed the celebrities from the castle.”
What was Ant and Dec’s update?
Following the show suspension over the weekend, the hosts have provided fans with an update with a video posted on their Instagram account.
The video, which was uploaded last night, was captioned: “More news from the kitchen! The @imacelebrity team are working around the clock to get us back on your tellies ASAP! Meanwhile we hope you’re enjoying a better meal than a crisp sandwich.”
“Hello and welcome to ‘We’re Celebrities…Get Us In There!” the hosts said from Ant’s cottage kitchen. “We’re desperate to get back on the telly.”
“I’ve got an update,” Dec said. “The site was quite badly damaged during the storm and they [the crew] are in there, working round the clock, to try and get it back up and running, and back up to speed, so we can get back on-air as quickly as humanely possible.”
However, Dec then dropped a bombshell, saying: “But we don’t know when that’s going to be just yet.”
Lightening the mood a little, Ant provided an update on how he and Dec had been getting on.
Are there any other I’m A Celebrity return updates?
“We went on the coldest walk in the world today,” he said and shared a picture of the I’m A Celebrity hosts wrapped up warm on the seaside looking miserable.
“And tonight, dinner is around Dec’s,” he said, sparking a shocked look from his co-host. “What you got in?”
“Crisps?” Dec said, causing the two to burst into laughter.
“Cheers everybody, we’ll be back with more information when we get it,” Dec said as the video ended.
The disruption caused by the storm couldn’t have come at a worse time for I’m A Celebrity bosses. Prior to moving the celebrities back into quarantine, there was unrest in the camp.
Following Richard Madeley’s exit from the show due to illness, there was also concern that Naughty Boy and Dame Arlene Phillips would leave too.
ITV is now reportedly ‘in absolute panic’ over the prospect of having to cancel the series prematurely due to the storm’s disruptions.
Do you want I’m A Celebrity to return? Leave us a comment on our Facebook page @EntertainmentDailyFix and let us know what you think.