Emmerdale stars have reportedly become embroiled in an alleged race probe.
The pair reportedly clashed with co-star Aaron Anthony (Ellis Chapman). It happened during filming for Survival Week.
Now The Sun claims that the verbal altercation was over a comment made. It also alleged there was mimicking of a mixed-race co-star’s accent.
The co-star has not been identified.
Reports suggest Matthew and Isabel haven’t been suspended, however neither has filmed since September.
A source told the publication: “It is common knowledge on set that Matthew and Isabel are not filming at the moment following a complaint.
“This all came about after a conversation between them and another actress – during which the alleged remark was made.
“An accusation was also made that the actress’s accent had been mimicked.”
Emmerdale clash actors have not returned to film
The source added: “We have been told that Aaron brought this up with Matthew subsequently and that there was a tense conversation between them. Matthew and Isabel stopped filming afterwards.
“Emotions have been running high on set ever since. But no one knows what to believe.
“The female cast member who was involved is filming as normal. But she wishes that she wasn’t entangled in it.”
According to the newspaper, Matthew, 41, and Isabel, 27, both categorically deny the allegations.
They are said to believe that there has been a misunderstanding.
The pair were written out of the show shortly after the incident.
Where are David and Victoria?
Scriptwriters had to scramble to create an exit for them.
Their absence was explained on-screen on Thursday, November 18. David and Victoria were said to have gone to Portugal for a family holiday.
The news left David’s ex Meena fuming as she had planned to seduce David back to her. But instead her efforts were in vain as Eric Pollard revealed David had gone.
It is believed Matthew and Isabel haven’t returned to filming. This means they will likely be off screen until next year. As Emmerdale films so far in advance, scenes for 2022 are already being shot.
It’s been said this is disappointing to Emmerdale as they had planned big Christmas storylines for the couple.
An Emmerdale spokeswoman declined to comment further when approached by ED!
They referred us to their previous statement on the subject.
“While we would never comment on individual cases, Emmerdale has robust policies in place to deal with any allegations brought to our attention and take the appropriate steps.”
What have Matthew and Isabel said?
Although neither actor has spoken out about the row, they have shared social media posts.
They have posted pictures together. Their families spent Halloween together. And Matthew’s wife Charley Webb has also shared snaps with Isabel.
No other actors have broken their silence over the row.
Emmerdale usually airs weeknights at 7pm on ITV, with an extra episode at 8pm on Thursdays.
What do you think of this latest Emmerdale news? Leave us a comment on our Facebook page @EntertainmentDailyFix and let us know what you think!