Richard Blackwood has played down rumours of a return to EastEnders as Vincent Hubbard.
Ever since Vincent disappeared from the Square in 2018, fans have speculated whether or not he is dead.
There have been calls for him to come back, but appearing on Sunday Brunch over the weekend, Richard has seemingly dismissed that possibility.
— Sunday Brunch (@SundayBrunchC4) September 1, 2019
I try to use the platform to take it to the next level.
Speaking to show hosts Simon Rimmer and Tim Lovejoy, Richard said: "The thing with EastEnders is that I always say they've been really good to me and they've left that door ajar.
"But I guess my thing is that I try to use the platform to take it to the next level.
"EastEnders is one of the biggest platforms you can have in the UK and it's worldwide as well, so hopefully I can ascend."
Since leaving the soap, Richard has starred on Dancing on Ice, and was eliminated in week three.
His comments seems to go against what he said earlier this year when he told Good Morning Britain that he wouldn't hesitate to return.
"Of course [I would go back]," he said.
"Because as I say, the one thing about me is I'm very loyal.
"If you've been good to me, I'll always have your back and vice versa. But yes, I'd definitely go back."
Richard arrived on the Square as Vincent in 2015 and immediately went head to head with the Mitchells.
Despite being in love with Ronnie Mitchell, it turned out Vincent was a police informant, determined to take down Phil Mitchell.
But he also had a wife and daughter in Walford, Kim Fox-Hubbard and Pearl. Kim discovered she was pregnant with their second child after Vincent went missing.
He got into a car with a police officer, who was corrupt and the last we saw of Vincent he was being held at gunpoint, but his fate is unknown.
Would you like Vincent to return to EastEnders? Leave us a comment on our Facebook page @EntertainmentDailyFix and let us know what you think!