EastEnders star Lacey Turner has announced she is pregnant with her second child.
She and husband Matt Kay are looking forward to welcoming a sibling for their one-year-old daughter Dusty, who was born in July last year.
Lacey has previously described Dusty as her miracle baby after suffering two traumatic miscarriages.
Sharing the announcement in OK! magazine, Lacey said: “I was over the moon. I had an inkling I was pregnant, so I took the test at home and it was positive.
“We feel so lucky to be expecting our second baby, as it took so long to get Dusty.”
Matt added: “When Lacey told me, I was so happy. Having Dusty was the best thing that ever happened to us, so to have another baby is only going to be amazing.”
This happy news explains the soap fave’s new extended break, which was revealed last week.
Stacey returns to screens this week after Lacey’s year off for maternity leave, but she won’t be sticking around Walford for long.
The Daily Star Sunday reported how actress Lacey will be taking another year-long break, starting later this year.
A source said: “Lacey will be taking a break. The top bosses agreed to give her some time off from the show.
“This is a great opportunity for the writers to come up with something big for Lacey to get her teeth into.
“She has always been a big hit with fans. There is no doubt they will really miss her while she’s off screen.”
Lacey will be taking a break. The top bosses agreed to give her some time off from the show.
The newspaper insisted that Lacey has no plans to quit the soap for good. And now we know the full story!
It is the third high-profile exit announced for EastEnders in as many weeks.
Jake Wood’s EastEnders exit
Ian Beale actor Adam Woodyatt will be taking an extended break, while actor Jake Wood is to leave permanently.
The actor played bad boy Max Branning in Walford and has had his fair share of explosive storylines over the years.
In a statement, Jake said he’s “made some truly great friends” but he’s “excited to see what the next chapter holds”.
Jake said: “I’ve had 15 wonderful years at EastEnders and have made some truly great friends.
“I’ll of course miss everyone there but I’m grateful they have left the door open for Max.
“I’m excited to see what the next chapter holds.”
Executive producer Jon Sen added: “Jake is a truly wonderful actor and EastEnders have been extremely lucky to have him for so long.
“We have a big storyline for Max that starts in the coming weeks and we are all very excited to see that play out.”
Leave us a comment on our Facebook page @EntertainmentDailyFix and let us know what you think!