The Latest Celebrity News & Showbiz Gossip
Thursday 22nd August 2019

Fans beg Bruno Langley to return to Coronation Street as he breaks Twitter silence

He was axed from the soap in 2017

Fans of Coronation Street have called for Bruno Langley to return to the cobbles as Todd Grimshaw.

Bruno, who was axed from Coronation Street in 2017 following allegations of sexual assualt, has recently been the subject of "negative" reports about his new career choice.

The actor, who played Todd on and off for 16 years, has been working as a portrait photographer.

On Sunday it was reported by the Sunday Mirror that he had been employed to snap pictures of teenagers despite being on the sex offender's register.

Bruno has rarely appeared in public since his conviction (Credit: Flynet/Splashnews.com)

Read more: Coronation Street SPOILER: Steve learns he's Emma's real dad

A source close to Bruno told the publication: "He's never taken pictures of under 18s without parents' consent.

"It's nothing to do with the 2017 incident – it's a standard duty of care. Parents are naturally always present."

Always know your Corrie fans are missing you.

Bruno himself has spoken out on Twitter - breaking his 17-month-long silence on the social media app.

Vicar Billy has moved on from Todd (Credit: ITV)

Over a series of tweets he said: "After all the very low, negative articles in the tabloid press today regarding what I have chosen to do for a living, I just wanted to reach out and say that yes I am a photographer now, I'm really happy being creative in this way, and I make people really happy with what I do."

He went on to say he's taken some time out to 'reassess what's important' and "make myself a better person" before thanking everyone for the support he'd received.

And fans took the opportunity to say the ITV soap has not been the same since he left.

They told him how much they wanted him back.

Bruno's sudden departure from the ITV soap came about when he admitted two counts of sexual assault in 2017.

He was sentenced to a 12 month community order by the court.

He was also told to sign the sex offender's register, pay compensation to his victims and given 40 days of rehabilitation activity as part of the order.

He was made the subject of a 12-week electronically monitored curfew.

Bruno was axed from the soap in 2017 (Credit: SplasNews.com)

At the time of his arrest, Greater Manchester Police said they'd received a report from a woman in her 30s who had been sexually assaulted.

Then a second woman, in her 20s, came forward and more charges were brought.

Following his conviction he told the Sunday Mirror that he was "ashamed" of himself.

"I am ashamed of myself. I'm truly sorry. I sincerely apologise to the women from the bottom of my heart," Bruno said in a brutally honest interview.

"I promise I will never do anything like that again."

"I accept my punishment because I know what I did was wrong. I'm not trying to attribute blame to anyone else other than myself."

Billy and Summer miss Todd (Credit: ITV)

Read more: Next week's Coronation Street in 10 pictures

Bruno left the soap after the allegations were made and in a statement that was released before he was charged, he said: "Sadly, I will no longer be working on Coronation Street. Acting on the show has been the fulfilment of a personal dream.

"Playing the role of Todd Grimshaw since I was 17 years old has been a huge part of my life, and an absolute honour.

"I would like to thank all of my friends who work on the show for their love, friendship and support during this extremely difficult period."

Leave us a comment on our Facebook page @EntertainmentDailyFix and let us know what you think!