Rumours that Prince Harry will propose to his girlfriend Meghan Markle are intensifying after claims they’re getting ready to make their first public appearance together as a couple.
According to reports, the pair will be seen together at the Invictus Games in Toronto, Canada this month, cheering on the athletes.
It would mark the first time actress Meghan has joined Harry at a public engagement.
While none of this has been officially confirmed, insiders point to the fact Toronto is where Meghan films her US TV drama Suits, so it might seem a bit odd if she didn’t drop by her boyfriend’s big event.
Harry, 32, created the Invictus Games, which is a sporting event for wounded, injured or sick members of the armed forces.
The tournament kicks off on September 23.
Others suggest Meghan’s recent interview with Vanity Fair, in which she publicly confirmed their relationship for the first time, was yet another indicator that things are becoming very serious.
“That interview was to soften people up to the idea of them being a couple so she could be with him and not raise eyebrows,” a source told The Sun.
Another insider added: “They will marry in the not-too-distant future. A 2018 spring engagement and a wedding two or three months later is favourite.”
Meghan told Vanity Fair this month: “We’re two people who are really happy and in love.”
The 35-year-old added: “I’m sure there will be a time when we will have to come forward and present ourselves and have stories to tell, but I hope what people will understand is that this is our time. This is for us.
“It’s part of what makes it so special, that it’s just ours. But we’re happy. Personally, I love a great love story.”
Harry, meanwhile, has never discussed Meghan in interviews but did release an unprecedented statement through Kensington Palace last year slamming some of the stories being written about his other half and admitting fears for her “safety”.
Some royal commentators pointed to Meghan’s comments about a “time when we will have to come forward” as a cryptic hint about a future engagement.
But for now, with no comment from the palace and nothing more coming from Meghan and Harry, it will be a case of wait and see what happens…
And even if there isn’t a royal wedding next year, we do have a royal baby to look forward to!
Harry’s sister-in-law Kate is currently pregnant with her and Prince William’s third child – so either way, there will be plenty for the royals to celebrate in 2018.