News

Young woman ends up in A & E after kinky accident in bedroom

Beware things that go buzz in the night

| Updated:

For reasons still unclear to us, a young woman has opened up to the world about an embarrassing mishap she had while in bed with her boyfriend.

Emma Phillips has revealed that she got a seven-inch sex toy stuck up her bottom while fooling around with partner Lee Miller.

The 24-year-old added that the sex aid was still vibrating inside her, as it wedged itself behind her hip.

The amorous pair tried in vain to remove the vibrator using, first, a fork and, then, barbecue prongs.

Unable to dislodge the toy, the worried couple then called for an ambulance.

The concerned mum of one, from the Wirral, explained: “After an hour of trying – we knew were going to have to go to hospital. We were both a bit shocked.

“I had to make the most embarrassing call to the ambulance at 7am. The call handler said to me, ‘Tell me exactly what the problem is,’ so I had to tell him.”

Emma was transported to Wrexham Maelor Hospital in north Wales. She admitted: “I didn’t feel much pain at this point – I was in too much shock.

Read more: Amazon forced to stop selling ‘sexy’ Halloween costumes for kids

An X-ray revealed that the still-buzzing instrument was too high up to be removed manually while the young woman was awake – it would cause too much pain.

Emma confided: “I think at that point it started getting quite serious. The doctors were really good – they all moved quite quickly and were so reassuring, telling me they saw it quite often, which was quite a relief.

“At first we were jokey about it but then realised it wasn’t much of a joke, especially when there was talk of going through my stomach if they couldn’t get it.”

That kind of procedure would have involved removing some of the bowel and leaving Emma with a colostomy bag for six months.

By now terrified, Emma underwent surgery – a camera was placed down her throat and the surgeon then pressed on her stomach, before manually extracting it.

Speaking of her sex play, the young woman has confessed: “I’ve learnt that I’ll need to be a bit more careful in the future.

“Lee’s not been scarred by it – he just thinks it’s funny.”

Emma posted the picture of herself in hospital on Facebook, explaining to friends what had happened, claiming it as some kind of Public Service Announcement.

She said: “We weren’t going to do anything about it because of the embarrassment – there’s a big taboo about it – but we knew we needed help.

“I want to say a massive thank you to the ambulance crew and Wrexham Hospital staff who were really good, really reassuring and non-judgmental.

Read more: Elderly woman who hasn’t washed for 13 years saved by kind neighbour

“There is a big taboo about this, but it really isn’t a big deal. You hear about people becoming really ill or even dying because they’re too embarrassed to get help – I would hate that to happen to someone.”

Did we mention that Emma is a student teacher? Yep, she might just need to be thinking again about future employment…