X Factor act Brooks Way were dumped at the eleventh hour from last night’s live show, amid speculation Josh was being investigated over alleged aggressive text messages to his ex-girlfriend.
Dermot O’Leary told viewers: “Sadly, due to unforeseen circumstances, Brooks Way will not be performing tonight.”
A spokesperson for the show stated: “Due to the nature of the information which has come to light concerning one of Brooks Way, the group will not be performing in Saturday night’s show pending further inquiries.”
Now The Sun on Sunday is reporting that Josh, 17, has been accused by ex Amelia Clark of attacking her numerous times throughout their four-year relationship.
The paper claims that Amelia, 18, told a friend: “At points during our relationship I was black and blue. I was constantly lying about where my bruises had come from.
“The worst time was last year. He came to my house and because my parents had new white carpets fitted I told him not to walk on them.
“He said the way that I spoke to him wasn’t acceptable, knocked me over and kicked me in the face so hard that my nose broke. I heard it click out.
She alleges that, despite her eyes going black and her nose pouring with blood, Josh continued to punch her in the back.
“There was no one around to help me, and I was really scared so I tried to call the police — but he threatened to smash the phone,” Amelia added to her friend.
“I ran upstairs to the bedroom and locked the door until he left.”
Last week the publication reported how Josh, from Penarth, south Wales, was arrested on New Year’s Eve over an alleged assault of Amelia, but he was released without charge.
Amelia seemingly claims she was persuaded to make a statement saying that the nosebleed had not been Josh’s fault, while he told The X Factor bosses he had accidentally knocked her.
Show chiefs are currently investigating the accusations about Josh’s behaviour.