News

Vicky Pattison slams Strictly Come Dancing over Brendan Cole axing

We're not the only ones left devastated by the news

Reality star Vicky Pattison has declared Strictly Come Dancing’s decision to axe dancer Brendan Cole “ridiculous”.

The outspoken 30-year-old didn’t hold back when chatting to Closer magazine about last week’s shock announcement.

Vicky can comfort herself with wedding planning to her fiance John Noble (Credit: Instagram)

The Geordie Shore star said: “It’s ridiculous that Brendan’s been sacked! What happened to the classic Strictly stars? I don’t understand why they’ve done that.

“I think it’s a mistake!”

And the I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here! winner wasn’t the only star to be shocked by the axing.

Singer Peter Andre also spoke out against the decision.

Instagram @PeterAndre
Peter Andre, here with wife, Emily, has spoken out against the axing of Brendan (Credit: Instagram)

Under the headline “Strictly a mistake!”, Pete wrote in his column for new! magazine: “I was really shocked when I heard…

“When I think of the show, Brendan’s one of the first people who springs to mind, so I think it’s really sad that the BBC got rid of him.”

He added: “This is Brendan’s livelihood, so I feel for him, but unfortunately this is the industry we’re in and changes do get made. I wish him well in the future.”

Read more: Vicky Pattison jokes she’s “shameless” after trying to rope celeb pals into wedding plans

It comes after last week’s revelation that the BBC have chosen not to renew Brendan’s Strictly Come Dancing contract.

The dancer, who had been with the programme since the start, was visibly emotional as he broke the news on ITV’s Lorraine.

ITV
Brendan revealed the news in an interview with Lorraine Kelly (credit: ITV)

He said: “This is quite hard to talk about. The BBC haven’t renewed my contract – we get renewed year on year – and they made an editorial decision not to have me back on the show.

“I’m a little bit in shock. I’m quite emotional, a bit raw about it.”

And on Monday the professional dancer took to Twitter to deny he was encouraging viewers to stop watching Strictly.

Brendan, 41, had fuelled speculation he agreed with a boycott after ‘liking’ some tweets from fans saying they wouldn’t watch Strictly without him on the show.

He later returned to Twitter to clarify his position, after reading a report that he was backing a viewer boycott.

BBC
Brendan’s final dance partner was GMB’s Charlotte Hawkins (credit: BBC)

He said: “No. I absolutely do not [support a boycott]. I love Strictly and the people on it and I’m incredibly proud of my 15 series. It’s an incredible show that everyone should continue to watch.”

He also rubbished claims he’d been snubbed by his fellow Strictly dancers, calling it “nonsense” and adding: “Couldn’t be further from the truth. All have either messaged or called.”

Read more: Brendan Cole hits back at claim he’s supporting a Strictly boycott

Do you agree with Vicky and Pete? Leave us a comment on our Facebook page @EntertainmentDailyFix and let us know what you think!