Seann Walsh and Katya Jones on It Takes Two
News

Seann Walsh’s rep denies he’s doing I’m A Celebrity after Strictly exit

He left Strictly at the weekend

| Updated:

Strictly Come Dancing star Seann Walsh’s rep has denied he’s taking part in this year’s I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!.

The comedian, 32, was eliminated from the BBC dancing competition at the weekend alongside his professional partner Katya Jones.

It was then reported that Seann had been tipped by bookies Ladbrokes to be heading into the Aussie jungle, however, his rep has insisted that isn’t true.

Seann Walsh and Katya Jones on It Takes Two
Bookies Ladbrokes had placed their bets on Seann heading into the Aussie jungle, however, his rep confirmed he won’t be doing the show (Credit: ITV)

Read more: Katya Jones issues advice to Seann Walsh after Strictly elimination

According to The Sun, Ladbrokes placed Seann’s odds of doing the show at 5/1.

But a representative for Seann told ED!: “Pure speculation. He isn’t doing I’m A Celeb.”

Meanwhile, a representative for I’m A Celebrity previously told ED! “Any names suggested for I’m A Celebrity at this stage are just speculation.”

Seann joins a string of names rumoured to be heading Down Under, including Good Morning Britain’s Kate Garraway, Made In Chelsea star Jamie Laing, Holby City actress Rosie Marcel, former Coronation Street stars Catherine Tyldesley and Shayne Ward, DIY SOS host Nick Knowles, Katie Price’s ex-husband Kieran Hayler, Hollyoaks actor Malique Thompson-Dwyer and X Factor finalist Fleur East.

Strictly fans spot Katya's husband Neil glaring as she hugs Seann Walsh after kissing scandal
Seann and Katya were eliminated from Strictly at the weekend (Credit: BBC)

Meanwhile, Love Island’s Alexandra Cane and Strictly Come Dancing star Frankie Bridge have also been linked to the show.

The show is expected to return next month with Dec Donnelly and Holly Willoughby as hosts.

At the weekend, Seann and Katya became the fifth couple to be sent home from this year’s series of Strictly following a dance-off with cricket star Graeme Swann and Oti Mabuse on Sunday night.

katya jones seann walsh
Seann won’t be going into the jungle this year (Credit: Instagram)

Following their exit, the pair took to Twitter to thank fans for their support.

Katya tweeted: “Thank you so so much to everyone who had our support through out this journey! We’re gutted not to be able to do more fun routines for you! But I hope we entertained!”

Teasing her celebrity partner, Katya joked: “@seannwalsh please don’t keep dancing stick to what you’re good at!”

Meanwhile, Seann wrote: “Thanks everyone. And thank you to @Mrs_katjones for managing to keep in a man that dances like a shed in the wind for this long. I’ll see you soon. Keeeeeeep laughing.”

Read more: Who’s rumoured to be going into the jungle for this year’s I’m A Celeb?

Seann and Katya found themselves at the centre of controversy earlier this month after they were pictured kissing in the street after a night out.

The pair both issued apologies, calling the kiss a “mistake”.

Seann was subsequently dumped by his girlfriend and Katya was forced to defend her marriage to husband Neil, saying they are “very happy together” and the kiss was not a reflection on her marriage.

Who would you like to see do I’m A Celebrity this year? Leave us a comment on our Facebook page @EntertainmentDailyFix and let us know what you think of this story.