Rolf Harris is due to be released from Stafford Prison later this morning.
The 87-year-old entertainer, who has been serving time for sex offences, is on trial for a further four indecent assault charges, which he denies.
Judge Deborah Taylor told jurors yesterday that, following his release from prison, he would be appearing in court in person.
He will be on bail.
She said: “The defendant, Rolf Harris, is to be released from Her Majesty’s Prison in Stafford tomorrow, May 18, and yesterday, following an application by the defence which was unopposed by the prosecution I decided to grant Mr Harris bail in relation to the charges you are considering in this case.
‘Of course, the fact that I am granting him bail will have no bearing you will make in due course.
‘As a result, Mr Harris will no longer be appearing in this court over the videolink following his release from prison and will be attending what remains of the trial in person.’
The one-time family favourite and star of heart-warming ratings smash Animal Hospital stands accused of indecently assaulting three teenage girls in the 1970s and 1980s, as well as touching a 13-year-old girl’s breast after filming a TV show and asking her: “Do you often get molested on a Saturday morning?”
The disgraced presenter is also accused of groping a 16-year-old girl, who had been paid £100 to appear on ITV’s Star Games in 1978.
The court heard that he told her that she thought she was “a little bit irresistible”.
This week one alleged victim denied in court that she had ‘fabricated’ evidence against Harris and told the court: “I absolutely have not (fabricated evidence).
“One of the reasons perhaps it was easier for me to tell police is because I had told people over the years.”
Prosecutor Jonathan Rees QC hit back and and asked her if she had decided to testify against Harris for money, to which she replied: “I’m not driven by money. I took a 75% pay cut (with my new job).”