There’s nothing that takes you back to your childhood more than the nostalgia of adverts – other than maybe eating a cheesestring or playing on a Tamagotchi.
Because as a kid, being able to quote or sing along to the most popular ads on TV made us seem *really* cool, right? (No? Well, this is awkward … )
We thought we’d take a trip back down memory lane and search out some of the biggest adverts from the ’90s and noughties. Keep an open mind – some might not seem quite as polished as you remembered them being – and you’re in for a treat.
1. McCain chipsYeah, we’d have gone with chips too – food over family members every time.
2. Jaffa cakesIf you don’t still do “half moon, full moon, total eclipse” when you eat jaffa cakes are you even a ’90s kid?
3. Accrington Stanley Milk advertIt was recently recreated using vodka it’s that good an advert.
4. ReebokWe probably thought it as a kid and we definitely think it now … why the giant belly? Why?!
5. WeetabixHave you had your Weetabix?
6. FruitellaThis is probably the best use of a song out of the lot. And it’s now going to be in our heads all day long …
7. Club biscuitsOne of those adverts we’d totally forgotten about … there are not enough Club biscuits in our lives today.
Are you team orange or team mint though?