The Latest Celebrity News & Showbiz Gossip
Friday 7th August 2020

Eamonn Holmes' reason for turning down Celebrity Big Brother is quite simple

Fair enough, Eamonn!

There are only a few more days to wait now until the new series of Celebrity Big Brother kicks off.

And Channel 5 have already promised a host of changes to shake up the format - the biggest of which is that the initial housemates will all be female.

This has been done to coincide with 100 years of women having the right to vote, and it's expected to cause some interesting drama in the house.

However, one contestant we're not likely to see strolling through the gates of the all-new house is TV favourite Eamonn Holmes.

Eamonn's not likely to be in this year's CBB (Credit: FameFlynet)

The Daily Star reports that the This Morning presenter has been approached by producers to take part in this year's show, but didn't go for it.

Eamonn has turned down a number of offers over the years. This one is the biggest so far.

The reason? He simply doesn't need the cash they're offering.

Read more: EastEnders fans fuming as Lorna Fitzgerald is missed off final credits

And it's not just pocket change Eamonn is missing out on. Reportedly, CBB bosses have offered to break the bank if he'll go on the show - by offering him a whopping £800,000 to enter the house.

A show source told the paper: "Eamonn has turned down a number of offers over the years. This one is the biggest so far at £800,000.

"But no amount of money could tempt him. He’s said it isn’t about the money because he doesn’t need to earn more cash than he already does through his TV projects."

Eamonn's wife Ruth Langsford appeared in this year's Strictly (Credit: Instagram)

However, that's not to say Eamonn won't appear at all throughout the new series. He's reportedly told producers how much he loves the show.

And he has appeared before, with the show source saying Eamonn wouldn't be averse to doing it again.

The source said: "Eamonn’s been involved in debating tasks in the past and he’s said he’d do something like that again."

He says he just doesn't need the extra cash (Credit: ITV)

The line-up for the show is set to remain top-secret until it launches on January 2nd.

But there have been plenty of rumours flying around in the meantime, some more likely than others.

Read more: Corrie star reveals who the 'naughtiest' person on set is

Pop star Sinitta is strongly suspected to be entering, as is "Peru Two" drug mule Michaella McCollum - who was recently seen getting a head-to-toe makeover, suggesting she's preparing for a stint in the spotlight.

When men are added into the house, reality star Pete Wicks and Love Island contestant Johnny Mitchell are heavily rumoured to be heading in to mix things up.