An investigation into the death of former Love Island contestant Sophie Gradon has reportedly come to a halt after new information came to light.
Sophie starred in the 2016 series of the hit ITV2 reality show but passed away in June last year, aged just 32.
An inquest was due to get begin next Thursday but – according to The Mirror – it was cancelled after the former Miss Great Britain’s grieving parents received fresh information.
A statement from Northumberland Coroner’s Court, quoted by the paper, read: “Please note that it has been necessary to cancel the hearing date for the inquest dealing with the death of Sophie Gradon.
“Sophie’s parents have requested further time to consider a report which was only recently received.”
Writing on Twitter last month, Sophie’s mum said the family is waiting for police to be able to access the late reality star’s phone.
One of her posts read: “As the heartbroken Mother of #SophieGradon we are still waiting for an inquest date 8 months after her unexplained death. Why? Because the Police cannot open her iPhone for data extraction.”
Last June, Northumbria Police said a “32-year-old woman was found deceased” at a property in Ponteland but there were “not believed to be any suspicious circumstances” surrounding the death.
Speaking shortly after Sophie died, her heartbroken parents paid tribute to their “precious” daughter and told the Press Association: “It has been one week since we lost our precious daughter and we as a family are still coming to terms with our sudden loss.
“Our hearts are broken. We wish to say our goodbyes to Sophie in private so we ask that you respect our family’s privacy during this arduous time.”
Following her funeral at St George’s Church in Jesmond, Newcastle, boyfriend Aaron Armstrong posted an emotional tribute on Instagram, writing: “I love you with all my heart my beautiful angel.
He continued: “I’m absolutely heartbroken. I can’t stop crying and I can feel your spirit in my soul RIP Sophie Hannah Gradon.”
Less than a month later, Aaron was found dead at a property in Blyth. He was 25.
ED! has approached Northumberland Coroner’s Court for comment.
Leave us a comment on our Facebook page @EntertainmentDailyFix and let us know what you think of this story.