Prince Harry latest
News

Prince Harry takes break from paternity leave for important charity cause

The Duke showed his support to The Invictus Games

| Updated:

Prince Harry has taken a break from paternity leave to appear in the latest promotional video for The Invictus Games.

The Duke of Sussex, 36, launched the fundraising event for wounded, injured and sick veterans back in 2014.

The upcoming event will take place in Düsseldorf in 2023.

https://twitter.com/InvictusGamesDE/status/1402626545328431104

Prince Harry latest: What did the Duke say?

Earlier today (June 9), Harry appeared in an exciting promo clip for the event.

The clip started with a video selfie of the Duke speaking directly to the camera.

He said: “It’s time to spread the news, something big is coming, Germany.”

Something big is coming

The video then went on to show various contestants gearing up for the games.

Furthermore, it also unveiled the event will take place between 9 to 16 September 2023.

And fans were overjoyed to see Harry’s brief appearance.

Prince Harry featured in a new video for The Invictus Games (Credit: SplashNews.com)

Read more: Queen ‘may Zoom Harry, Meghan and baby Lilibet’ as couple ‘support’ her on Prince Philip’s birthday

Taking to the comments, one said: “YESSSSSSS HARRY.”

In addition, a second wrote: “My congratulations Prince Harry. We are patiently awaiting the games. I love you too as your little Sussex family. Take care of them. All for our veterans.”

Another added: “Great news. Congratulations.”

Why was The Invictus Games postponed?

Meanwhile, Harry previously announced the news of the 2020 event being postponed due to the pandemic.

He said last year: “I know how disappointed you all must be. This is a focus that so many of you need.

“You can use this opportunity to get even fitter and be at your absolute top mental and physical fitness.

Harry and Meghan baby name
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle recently welcomed a daughter (Credit: SplashNews.com)

“Please take care of yourselves, but do what you do best which is reaching out to other people, be it those that still wear the uniform, used to wear the uniform or just those people in your community who you know may be suffering or may be vulnerable during this period.”

Nowadays, Harry and wife Meghan Markle are enjoying time at home with their newborn daughter, Lili.

Read more: Queen ‘may Zoom Harry, Meghan and baby Lilibet’ as couple ‘support’ her on Prince Philip’s birthday

Following Lili’s birth, it’s believed the pair could take 20 weeks off work.

Finding Freedom author Omid Scobie, who’s friends with the Sussexes, said on Good Morning America: “Harry and Meghan are leading by example with their Archewell foundation. They offer up to 20 weeks parental leave for mother and father.”

Leave us a comment on our Facebook page @EntertainmentDailyFix and let us know what you think of this story.

Related Topics