The Latest Celebrity News & Showbiz Gossip

Wednesday 16th January 2019

Piers Morgan reveals grim diagnosis after hospital tests

He blames illness woes on several gut-churning irritants

Piers Morgan has blamed his recent illness woes on a a gut-churning diet of a vegan sausage roll, Brexit and Donald Trump.

The Good Morning Britain co-host revealed yesterday he had been undergoing tests in hospital for an unspecified medical issue.

And this morning the 53-year-old told his 6.5 million Twitter followers he has been suffering with stomach conditions that have left him with "inflamed, exploding innards".

Responding to an enquiry from a follower, Piers joked he had been left low after his GMB 'vomiting' stunt earlier in the week.

Piers may not love vegan sausage rolls but he loves banging on about them (Credit: ITV)

Read more: Simon Cowell slammed for brutal fat-shaming as old X Factor clip resurfaces

Piers tweeted: "If you really want to know, I was diagnosed with stomach gastritis and duodenitis.

"I blame eating a mouthful of vegan sausage roll, Brexit & Donald Trump."

I'll be there, don't worry. I don't pull sickies

He continued: "Monday, 6.40am: I eat one mouthful of vegan sausage roll.

"Friday, 11am: hospitalised for gastroscopy on inflamed, exploding innards.

"I’m doing the maths."

Essential TV viewing (Credit: ITV)

Read more: Bruno Tonioli stuns fans with pics of himself in 'budgie smugglers'

Despite many followers sending the breakfast TV wind up their best wishes for a swift recovery, not all of those contacting Piers on social media were sympathetic.

One respondent questioned why Piers had a "need" for sedatives, giving the former Mirror journalist the opportunity to describe the pain of the procedure.

"I’m told 70% of people who have a gastroscopy opt for a sedative, and the other 30% later wish they had," he said.

"…Once they've recovered from violent retching & gagging," Piers added.

Piers has been out of sorts (Credit: ITV)

Confirming he would be back on the box for GMB on Monday morning because he doesn’t "pull sickies", Piers also took issue with a follower who tweeted their hopes he was making use of private healthcare.

"I am, yes," Piers replied.

He continued: "Though as a big (non-avoiding...) taxpayer in the UK, I would be perfectly entitled to use the NHS if I so wished.

"Or do you think otherwise?"

See you bright and early on Monday, Piers!

He'll be back (Credit: ITV)

Leave us a comment on our Facebook page @EntertainmentDailyFix and let us know what you think of this story.