News

Peter Andre apologises for sponsored tweet during Manchester attack

A pre-scheduled tweet was posted from the star's account

Peter Andre, 44, has been forced to apologise to his Twitter followers after his account automatically shared a sponsored Slimming World tweet after it was scheduled by his management during the Manchester attack Monday evening.

22 people were killed and a further 119 were injured following an explosion in Manchester Arena during an Ariana Grande concert.

Now Pete has revealed he didn’t post the tweet and it had been scheduled to run before the atrocity took place.

Peter was slammed by fans over the “insensitive” tweet (Credit: FameFlynet)

Read more: Take That concert cancelled following terrorist attack?

He wrote: “Guys did someone post on my behalf account something about slimming world? Confused, will check what’s happened.”

Shortly after he added: “My only tweet that I sent today was 7 hrs ago about terrible news.

“My sincere apologies. It was a scheduled tweet by the team. All I’m thinking about today is last nights atrocities.”

Fans were quick to show their support for the star with one writing: “Don’t worry Pete everyone knows when its an auto promotional tweet xxx.”

“No need to apologise, it was a scheduled tweet & out of your control,” another said.

A third tweeted: “We kinda knew that though Pete! No worries. We know you’re far more respectful than that xx.”

The dad-of-four also paid tribute to the victims of the tragic attack.

He wrote: “So so shocked to hear about Manchester. Beyond belief. Our Thoughts with the victims and their families. Very sad day today.”

Meanwhile US star Ariana revealed she has been left “broken” by the awful tragedy as she paid an emotional tribute on Twitter.

She said: “Broken. From the bottom of my heart, I am so so sorry. I don’t have words.”

And other famous faces were quick to express their heartbreak and paid tributes to the victims and their families.

Presenting his US talk show James Cordon said: “It shocks me every time we hear this sort of news that attacks like this can happen, but especially when there will be so many children at this concert tonight.

“My thoughts and prayers are with the everyone in Manchester tonight.”

Ariana was left heartbroken after fans were killed at her concert (Credit: FameFlynet)

Read more: Zoe Ball shares touching tribute to late partner Billy Yates

Good Morning Britain host Piers Morgan added: “‘It was full of beautiful little girls and beautiful little boys.’ – eye witness to #ManchesterBombing. Just heart-breaking. RIP.”

Selena Gomez said: “My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected in Manchester.”

One Direction star Harry Styles wrote on his Twitter: “I’m heartbroken over what happened in Manchester tonight. Sending love to everyone involved. H.”