The Latest Celebrity News & Showbiz Gossip
Sunday 8th December 2019

Paul Sinha reveals he had a 'breakdown' in weeks after Parkinson's diagnosis

The Chase star has spoken about his Parkinson's diagnosis in a candid interview

Paul Sinha has said he had a "breakdown" in the weeks after he found out he had Parkinson's disease earlier this year.

In June, The Chase star revealed  his diagnosis. "I will fight this with every breath I have," he tweeted at the time and added further details of his diagnosis in a blog post.

In a candid new interview with iNews, the quiz master and stand-up comedian described the moment he knew he was battling the condition.

The Chase star revealed his diagnosis in June (Credit: ITV)

The 49-year-old shared: "I had been suffering from a frozen shoulder since September 2017. I'd seen a specialist who was convinced he could cure it, but nothing seemed to work."

Read more: EXCLUSIVE: The Chase's Paul Sinha calls Gemma Collins one of the worst people he's ever met

He added: "The next day in a cab I decided to Google the words 'frozen shoulder' and 'Parkinson's.' And I knew I had Parkinson's."

He said he had a "breakdown" in the two weeks that followed the diagnosis (Credit: ITV)

Speaking about the emotional impact the diagnosis had, he said: "Looking back to those two weeks after the diagnosis I think I had a breakdown."

Read more: The Chase bosses put 'plans in place' to help Paul Sinha as he battles Parkinson's

After revealing his diagnosis, Paul said he intended to "keep Chasing, keep writing and performing comedy [and] keep quizzing" while joking that appearing on Dancing on Ice was probably "out of the question".

"A lot of people have asked, 'What can I do to help?'" he finished his post. "The answer is to treat me exactly the same as before."

The next day in a cab I decided to Google the words 'frozen shoulder' and 'Parkinson's.' And I knew I had Parkinson's.

He plans to stay on the show for as long as he can (Credit: ITV)

Paul's plan to remain on The Chase were recently confirmed by fellow Chaser Mark Labbett who told the Daily Star there are "plans afoot if the worst comes to the worst".

The Beast told the publication: "Paul will still be doing The Chase. There are plans afoot if the worst comes to the worst for how to deal with moving him down the set."

Leave us a comment on our Facebook page @EntertainmentDailyFix and let us know what you think of this story.