News

Paddy McGuinness tweets tribute following death of Take Me Out lad

Charlie was a contestant on last night's show

| Updated:

Take Me Out presenter Paddy McGuinness has said Saturday’s episode was a tribute to one of its contestants, who has since died.

Comedian Paddy, who fronts the ITV dating show, tweeted his dedication to the man who had been looking for love, named only as Charlie.

The smiling love seeker revealed that he was from York and worked in a chocolate factory.

He quipped that the joke about him being called Charlie and working there was lost on people as he was forced to wear a name tag calling him Ben, after he lost his own so many times.

Charlie also revealed that he preferred to go by the name Chaz Man.

Paddy McGuinness

Following his tweet, Paddy was inundated with viewers sharing their sympathies with Charlie’s loved ones.

Someone who seemed to know Charlie replied to the tweet.

Another tweeter, who appeared to know him well, responded with a lovely picture.

Paddy usually live-tweets the action from each episode, but as a mark of respect to Charlie, he posted no further updates during the show.

Read more: Alex Jones makes announcement about return to The One Show

A Thames spokesman said: “It is with great sadness that we have learnt of the tragic news regarding Charlie.

Read more: The Chase replaced by brand new quiz show 

“Our thoughts and best wishes go to his family and friends. We ask that you respect the family’s privacy at this time.”

Related Topics