News

Man blasts Sainsbury’s on Facebook after rotten egg makes him SICK

Not egg-zactly appetising

| Updated:

Hangovers can be terrible things – sometimes the only thing that can stop the queasiness is a proper fry up.

This is exactly what Aled Holcombe, from Caerphilly, was trying to achieve when he cracked open an egg to find a rotten chick – which smelled so bad it made him sick.

Aled was trying to save himself and his flatmate from a disastrous hangover when they made the stomach-churning discovery.

When Aled cracked open one of the six free range eggs, he couldn’t believe the green sludge that came out – warning, don’t look at the image below if you’re about to eat something!

Aled’s rotten egg (Credit: Deadline News)

The smell coming from the rotten egg was so bad that Aled claims both he and his flatmate were physically sick.

The former student believes that a chick had began to develop in the shell, but had died at some point during the production process.

Sainsbury’s have apologised for the stomach-churning discovery, and said that incidents of this kind are rare.

The eggs were within date when he cracked them open (Credit: Deadline News)

The Sainsbury’s own brand eggs cost 85p for six, but Aled got more than he bargained for after buying them from the Sainbury’s store at Thornhill, Cardiff.

Read more: Stacey Solomon makes fans feel bad with latest Instagram pic

Aled posted a series of pictures to Facebook on with the caption: “Well we won’t be buying eggs from Sainsbury’s again. How the hell did this make it through quality control, almost chundered everywhere.”

The pictures show two cracked egg shells and a green and mouldy looking liquid in a bowl.

Aled said: “It looked as if a chick had started to develop in the shell but had most likely died in the production process.

“As a result it rotted inside the egg until I cracked it. It wasn’t mild as such, it was just extremely rotten. The smell made me and my housemate actually vomit.

Read more: £50 celebrity advent calendar branded a “rip-off” by outraged shoppers

“It was literally the hangover from hell. It definitely made our hangover 10 times worse.”

A Sainsbury’s spokeswoman said: “We’ve apologised to Aled for this unpleasant find. This type of problem is extremely rare and we work closely with our suppliers to prevent this from happening.”

This is seriously the stuff of hangover nightmares – it’s even made us think twice about reaching for the wine later. Oh who are we kidding, of course it hasn’t!