Anthony McPartlin recently stepped down from his presenting duties alongside Declan Donnelly to return to rehab following a drink drive conviction.
But it seems he will be back on our screens later this year in a show that will celebrate the pair’s 30 years in showbiz.
Details of the presumably one-off special have yet to be announced but Peter Andre let the cat out of the bag in his column for New! magazine this week.
The Mysterious Girl singer, who has known the duo for years, revealed he has already done some filming for the programme.
“Last week I filmed a TV segment for Ant and Dec’s 30th anniversary, which was good fun!” he said.
“I’m unsure when it will air, but it was great to take a trip down memory lane and remember the great things I’ve been involved in with the boys over the years.
“Everything from living above them 22 years ago when they were PJ and Duncan to appearing in various shows with them.”
It is not known when the show will air – or on which channel.
It’s also unclear if Ant and Dec, both 42, will feature, or if it will be a compilation of clips from their career, with contributions from their celeb friends like Pete.
Ant has currently stepped down from all his TV commitments following his recent conviction for drink driving.
He was handed an £86,000 fine and banned from the roads for 20 months during a hearing at Wimbledon Magistrates’ Court last month, after pleading guilty.
Following his arrest in March, an episode of Ant and Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway was cancelled. Dec then hosted the final two episodes of the series solo.
Dec, who is currently expecting his first child with his wife, is also expected to front the Britain’s Got Talent live shows on his own at the end of May. Ant appears in the auditions which are currently being aired as they were filmed last November to January.
Following Ant’s arrest, his spokesman said of his decision to stop working for a time: “Ant has decided to go back into treatment and step down from his current TV commitments.
“He has spoken with Dec and ITV today and asked for time off for the foreseeable future.”
It is not known when Ant will return to work, or if it will be in time for the next series of I’m A Celebrity.
The recent troubles have been a rare dip in fortunes of Ant and Dec, who first found fame playing PJ and Duncan on children’s TV show Byker Grove.
The 30th anniversary show will cover their journey from becoming popstars to children’s TV presenters on SM:TV Live, to then becoming national treasures fronting shows such as Britain’s Got Talent and I’m A Celebrity.
Don’t miss out: Three steps to ensure you see all ED!’s latest news on Facebook
They’ve won Baftas for their TV shows and the National Television Award for best presenters for 17 years in a row.
In 2016, they were awarded OBEs for their services to broadcasting and entertainment.
Will you watch Ant and Dec’s 30th anniversary special? Leave us a comment on our Facebook page @EntertainmentDailyFix and let us know what you think!