Love Island winner Kem Cetinay has denied attacking 2016 islander Rykard Jenkins, who posted a photo of himself with a busted lip claiming he had been attacked by Kem and his mates.
Kem has now released a statement insisting he had “absolutely nothing” to do with the attack which reportedly happened Thursday night.
Rykard, who appeared on the ITV2 romance series last year, claimed “Kem and his boys” assaulted him for “flirting” with Kem’s girlfriend Amber Davies.
Kem was at his BoohooMan launch in London last night with his family and some of his fellow islanders before Rykard made the claims.
Rykard claims the incident happened after he apparently flirted with Amber during the launch.
In a series of tweets in the early hours of Friday morning he wrote: “So @KemCetinay and his boys just attacked me because apparently I was flirting with Amber.
“I stood there took the beatings and went home.”
He continued: “One on one let’s go boys. It takes more than 4 geezers punching me in the head to knock me out.
“I’ve dealt with worse. When they are ready. Come to my ends and we can settle it.
“Honestly Kent boy through and through. Going home to the misses lucky she’s a nurse.”
In a statement released this morning Kem branded Rykard’s claims “madness”.
He wrote on Twitter: “I have woken up and seen all this madness… I am literally so gutted about this situation that took place outside the club.
“Firstly that someone got hurt but secondly that my name has been dragged into something which I had absolutely nothing to do with myself… the launch was the biggest and most proudest night of my career which I spent with Amber and my family.”
He added: “The situation will be dealt with by the club and I hope is all resolved but it’s upsetting that this violence has been used on my night with my family around me.”
Fans have rushed to support and defend the star against the accusations.
Love Island winner Amber tweeted her beau: “Don’t let anyone ruin your night you haven’t done anything wrong! Sleepy time for me and my boy xxx.”
Meanwhile Kem’s best pal Chris Hughes said: “Couldn’t be prouder of you tonight. Deserve it all my brother. Keep shining.”
Other fans were quick to defend him with one tweeting: “As if @ItsRykard tried ruining @KemCetinay launch trying to be someone. So so awful what a cruel dude.”
Another added: “Genuinely feel so bad for @KemCetinay as he’s such a lovely boy he wouldn’t hurt anyone.”
Kem thanked his 390K followers for their support. He said: “Thank you guys for still supporting and defending me as it’s so easy to jump conclusion and assume what you hear is true.”
Meanwhile Kem, 21, launched his first collection with the brand on August 14.
Talking about landing the new project he said: “I’m delighted to be representing boohooMAN as their first UK Brand Ambassador.
“We’ve got some big things planned and I’m really excited to get started.
“Their products are right up my street – there’s so much choice!”
And his fame continues to go from strength to strength.
The star is also set to star in a two-part ITV2 reality series showing his and fellow islander Chris’ journey since leaving the villa and of course their bromance.
Viewers will see the pair embark on a musical journey as they chase their dreams of becoming rappers.
There will also be appearances from girlfriends Amber and Olivia Attwood.