Katie Price gives evidence in dad’s rape trial after sister cries

She didn't attend court, choosing to send a statement instead

Katie Price has publicly pledged her support to her stepfather, who is currently on trial for rape.

Paul Price, 53, is accused of two counts against the same alleged victim – which he denies.

The former model submitted a statement which was read out in Chichester Crown Court in West Sussex

It read: “My dad Paul Price has always been so loving and such a fun person to be around.

“He is always supportive in all situations and always puts us family first.

“Although he is not my biological dad, he took me and my brother on from a young age and I regard him as my dad.

“I know he is there for me for everything. In fact you can’t keep people away – he is a people person.”

She continued: “I want to come to court to support my dad but because of the media interest it’s best I don’t attend as I don’t want a media circus.”

The Loose Women star’s statement which was read by defence counsel Abigail Penny, came after Price’s 27-year-old daughter Sophie broke down in tears as she defended her father.

Read more: Peter Andre drops major hint about new baby’s name

Asked by Ms Penny how she feels about her father in light of the allegations, she replied: “The same, fine, normal. I don’t look at him any differently. I love my dad.”

Price is alleged to have twice raped a woman following a night out in Worthing on March 21 last year.

Prosecutors claim he raped the alleged victim for the first after time following her out of a taxi when she complained of feeling sick on the way to his home.

It is alleged a second rape took place in woodland after the pair got back into a taxi and got dropped off near Price’s home.

The woman told jurors she feared Price was going to kill her as he had his hands round her throat: “The ferocity with which he grabbed me was shocking.”

Read more: Phillip Schofield appalled at teenager selling her virginity

In his defence, Price said she consented to sex, that she never resisted or told him to stop and that she returned with him to his house following the alleged attacks where she and her husband were staying that night.

Price told jurors they had been laughing and joking after getting out of the taxi, then started to cuddle, kiss and hold hands before she told him: “I haven’t had sex for a year.”

He asserts that he could not get an erection that night.