News

James Martin’s Saturday Kitchen replacement CONFIRMED

Fans have speculated for a while

James Martin quit Saturday Kitchen a year ago and the new host has just been confirmed.

Chef Matt Tebbutt is to take on the coveted presenting role after impressing fans.

He’s only set to front the show every other week though, with different food stars taking it in turns on the weekends in between.

Read more: Katie Price caught up in shooting horror

Matt has been the stand in presenter for a while now while bosses searched for someone to take over from James full-time.

He was an unexpected hit with the viewers, who started a campaign to get him recruited to the role permanently.

And their demands have paid off. The BBC have listened, and Matt’s got the gig!

Viewers were thrilled when the news was announced and took to Twitter to congratulate the Welsh chef on his new job.

“Glad to hear @matt_tebbutt will be the permanent presenter of #SaturdayKitchen. Talent & consistency at long last” said @LelJoyce.

And @david_swann simply said: “best candidate”.

https://twitter.com/LelJoyce/status/844563645879259136

https://twitter.com/david_swann/status/844567144453099526

@TwellsCharlotte tweeted him: “awesome news!”

And @Dianeja60870361 said: “congratulations, makes watching @SaturdayKitchen a regular event again”.

With @clark007jon added: “well done by far the best man for the job”.

https://twitter.com/TwellsCharlotte/status/844574815805689856

Read more: Holly Willoughby reveals her desert island dreams

Since quitting the show last year, James Martin has admitted he’s the “happier than ever”.

Let’s hope Matt feels the same about his new role.