News

I’m A Celebrity’s John Barrowman ‘on flashing ban’ during show

He entered the jungle on Sunday night

| Updated:

John Barrowman has reportedly been warned against dropping his trousers in front of the other campmates on I’m A Celebrity … Get Me Out of Here!.

The 51-year-old actor is known for his wild ways, but has apparently been told he’s not to flash his genitals at his fellow campmates whilst he appears on the ITV celebrity survival show, as he’s been placed on a “flashing ban”.

According to The Sun, an insider claimed John has “promised he’ll be on his best behaviour”.

John Barrowman on I'm A Celebrity
John was apparently warned ahead of his jungle stint (Credit: ITV)

Read more: Why I’m A Celebrity will be extra tough for Anne Hegerty

The source told the publication: “John has promised he’ll be on his best behaviour, and will be on a self-imposed flashing ban. But fully intends to show everything in the showers.

“John has raised eyebrows in the past by going a bit far with his party antics.”

They added: “He’s certainly not shy when it comes to his body, and tends to be quite impulsive and act in the moment which they hope could make him a favourite with viewers.”

The insider claimed bosses are “equally worried” John might get “carried away especially with jungle boredom” and “sharing the camp with a few handsome men”.

John entered the jungle on Sunday night (Credit: ITV)

ED! has contacted representatives for I’m A Celebrity for comment.

The ban comes after the former Torchwood star apologised for exposing himself on a live BBC Radio 1 show back in 2008.

During the incident, he pulled down his trousers after being goaded into it by presenters Nick Grimshaw, 34, and Annie Mac, 40, and after just one complaint was made, the BBC also apologised and said he’d “overstepped the mark”.

In his apology at the time, the Arrow star said: “I apologise for any offence I have caused. I was joining in the light-hearted and fun banter of the show and went too far.

John reportedly promised to be on his best behaviour during his time on the show (Credit: ITV)

Read more: Fans think there’s something missing between Holly and Dec

“I was wrong to do this and it will never happen again.”

He added: “I really appreciate the great support I have received from the BBC over the last few years and would never intentionally do anything to undermine the integrity of the corporation.”

John entered the I’m A Celebrity jungle on Sunday night alongside nine other famous faces, including football boss Harry Redknapp, DIY SOS presenter Nick Knowles and ex-EastEnders star Rita Simons.

John has also joined Coronation Street’s Sair Khan, Hollyoaks actor Malique Thompson-Dwyer, The Vamps singer James McVey, former X Factor star Fleur East and The Chase’s Anne Hegerty.

I’m A Celebrity continues tonight on ITV at 9pm.

Are you enjoying I’m A Celebrity so far? Leave us a comment on our Facebook page @EntertainmentDailyFix and let us know what you think!