The Latest Celebrity News & Showbiz Gossip
Tuesday 19th November 2019

Heroic boy tried to shield eight-year-old girl after frenzied dad fatally knifed him

He collapsed from his injuries and died 90 minutes later

A 10-year-old boy showed "incredible bravery and self-sacrifice" by trying to protect a girl from being knifed after his dad stabbed him.

In spite of his own injuries, hero Kane Morris rushed to the eight-year-old girl's bedroom in an attempt to stop his dad, Andrew Morris, from killing her.

Morris, 39, confessed to stabbing his son six times at a flat in Coupar Angus, a town in Scotland's Perth and Kinross area.

Kane Morris was stabbed six times (Credit: BBC Scotland)

Read more: One dead after bust-up at Butlin's holiday park

According to a report in the Daily Record, brave Kane collapsed outside the girl's door and was dead 90 minutes later.

The other victim suffered near-fatal knife wounds to her limbs and abdomen, as well as a collapsed lung, and was in hospital battling for her life for four weeks.

Speaking at the High Court in Glasgow on Wednesday (June 19), Judge Lord Mulholland said: "It seems to me that Kane showed incredible bravery and self-sacrifice. Rather than thinking of himself, his concern was for the eight-year-old girl. For a 10-year-old boy to do that shows incredible bravery.

"The eight-year-old girl showed incredible bravery as well."

I'll work tirelessly to keep his memory alive.

The Scottish Sun reported that 38-year-old Laura Ann Gillie, Kane's mum, called him the "bravest person [she has] ever known" as he "sacrificed his life".

She said: "Since that terrible night I have feelings of anger, hatred and disgust I never thought possible, but mostly towards myself for failing to protect my beautiful baby. I'll work tirelessly to keep his memory alive."

Yesterday, Morris pleaded guilty to killing his son Kane, who liked to sing and was passionate about wildlife, in November last year.

The former solider also confessed to attempting to murder the girl.

The publication reported that Morris was in the army for five years and later worked for the family business as a farmhand in Coupar Angus.

At the High Court in Glasgow, Morris pleaded guilty to killing his son Kane (Credit: Thomas Nugent -

Read more: Man 'stabbed in the neck' on set at Warner Bros. Hertfordshire studios

His stepdad died in an accident on the farm in May last year, and it is believed he struggled to cope.

Regarding the night of the incident, November 11, Morris claimed he has no memory of killing and thought he was acting "to protect himself and his family from some impending, but unspecified, mortal danger", according to prosecutor Alex Prentice QC.

After the attack, he reportedly stabbed himself five times and suffered serious injuries by leaping from a third-storey window.

Morris' sentencing was deferred until August 12, which will allow for criminal justice and psychiatric reports to be prepared.

Leave us a comment on our Facebook page @EntertainmentDailyFix and let us know what you think of this story.