Former X Factor contestant Danny Tetley has pleaded guilty to sexually exploiting teenage boys.
The singer, who reached the semi-finals of the talent show in 2018, was accused of asking the teenagers to send him indecent images for money.The Mirror reports that Tetley, 40, induced five teenage boys aged between 15 and 16.
Judge Jonathan Durham Hall QC, Recorder at Bradford Crown Court, lifted a reporting restriction.
It can now be revealed that Tetley also pleaded guilty to four other charges involving two 14-year-olds at the previous hearing.
It's been said that Tetley exchanged more than 10,000 WhatsApp messages with the seven boys between October last year and August this year.
The investigation is complete and the victims have been identified.
Tetley pleaded not guilty to making indecent images of children and perverting the course of justice and will not stand trial for these offences.
Prosecutor Michael Smith QC said: "The investigation is complete and the victims have been identified."
The case is now ready for sentencing.
Barrister Andrew Dallas, for Tetley, asked for the sentence to be adjourned so the defence had time to consider text messages or WhatsApp messages which had been served.
Tetley has been remanded in custody until next month and will be sentenced on January 24 next year.
Tetley previously denied the allegations back in August.
The singer, who worked in Benidorm as a performer, told The Sun: "This kind of thing has gone on for ages because people don’t like to see me do well.
"I’ve never handled the fame very well. I haven’t worked this hard just for me to be slaughtered."
Head to our Facebook page @EntertainmentDailyFix and let us know what you think of our story.