We’ve all done some silly things in our youth we’re not totally proud of. Pinching a pack of Wine Gums from the corner shop. Experimenting with smoking. Cementing our heads into microwaves.
Wait a minute, that’s not right – NOBODY is daft enough do that last one, are they?
Turns out there’s one born every minute, as YouTuber Jay Swingler – AKA “Jay from TGF” did exactly that for a video, which resulted in the emergency services being called.
Jay had placed his head inside a microwave filled with cement and Polyfilla, and had been breathing through a tube.
But when the tube became blocked, Jay panicked and sent for emergency rescue.
And what the West Midlands Fire Service found when they arrived did not make them happy.
In fact, they took to Twitter to express their discontent with the YouTuber’s antics via a seriously peeved update.
The account posted: “We’re seriously unimpressed. Five of our firefighters were tied up for an hour this afternoon, freeing a Youtube pranker whose head had been ‘cemented’ inside a microwave oven.”
They later followed up the post with a video explaining why Jay’s actions were so dangerous – as other emergencies may have been happening elsewhere at the same time.
Followers were outraged at Jay’s behaviour, suggesting he should be the one to foot the bill for the fire service’s time.
One wrote: “Shouldn’t he be billed? This isn’t funny” while another said: “Shows the sad world we live in these days when people can’t see that by doing this stupid stunt he has tied up a very valuable and finite resource.”
Despite the controversy, Jay still uploaded his video to YouTube, which has racked up thousands of views.
No doubt the West Midlands Fire Service aren’t among them – we expect they’ve seen more than enough of Jay for one lifetime!