Emma McVey Instagram
News

Emma McVey forced to defend pregnancy weight AGAIN after son Chester falls ill

Six months after she gave birth...

| Updated:

Emma McVey is no stranger to body shaming – she spent the better part of her pregnancy fending of trolls who were quick to criticise her slight frame and small bump.

Despite not being Emma’s doctor, people took to her Instagram comments to tell her she needed to put on weight during her pregnancy.

Emma McVey Instagram
Emma was criticised for her weight while she was pregnant (Credit: Instagram)

Read more: Pregnant Vogue Williams shows off bare baby bump in bikini on holiday

And it seems that the trolling hasn’t stopped – despite the fact that Emma gave birth to son Chester back in January.

The model has taken to Instagram once again to defend herself against body shamers, posting a mini-rant to Instagram stories after Chester was taken to hospital.

Emma McVey Instagram
Emma took to Instagram to hit back at the trolls (Credit: Instagram)

“For all the sick people saying any of Chester’s illness’s are due to my weight through pregnancy, he has picked up rotavirus,” she said.

“Yes he’s had all the vaccines for it, but there’s clearly a severe virus going around. My pregnancy has absolutely nothing to do with it.”

She posted a second image praising the staff of the Leeds General Infirmary, where Chester was treated.

Emma McVey Instagram
She praised the medical staff who treated Chester (Credit: Instagram)

“The Leeds General Infirmary have been absolutely amazing and stopped him becoming dehydrated from it.”

Emma went on to urge people to think carefully before attacking people online.

“Please think before being a mummy troll, before trolling at all,” she said. “I have and always will do everything for Chester.”

Emma and Gaz welcomed Chester in January (Credit: Instagram)

Don’t miss out: Three steps to ensure you see all ED!’s latest news on Facebook

Rotavirus is incredibly common among infants and while there is a vaccination, it is not 100% affective. According to the NHS, the vaccination prevents infection in 70% of cases, and lessens the severity of the illness in the remaining 30%.

Emma and boyfriend Gaz Beadle welcomed Chester back in January, and have both shown themselves to be doting parents – frequently posting about their son on Instagram.

What do you think about Emma’s body-shamers? Leave us a comment on our Facebook page @EntertainmentDailyFix and let us know what you think!

Related Topics