The cast of EastEnders are well-practised at dealing with drama and fake deadly situations.
But they were hit by a real-life crisis recently, resulting in a full-blown health scare.
As actors were merrily rocking up to work last week, it has been reported that engineers working nearby discovered deadly asbestos just yards away from the set.
The substance – which can cause cancer – was reportedly found as site workers were fitting fibre-optic near the studios.
According to the Mirror, Stacey Branning actress Lacey Turner and Ian Beale actor Adam Woodyatt were thought to have been on set at the time.
A BBC spokesperson told The Sun that there was no risk to any of the cast or crew.
“Excavation work at a trench outside the site has been stopped whilst some tiles are dealt with by licensed contractors,” a rep told the paper.
The site workers apparently stopped work and sectioned off the area as a safety precaution immediately.
“Health and safety procedures were followed and there should be no risk to staff,” an Elstree Studios source added to the tabloid.
Asbestos causes some 4,500 deaths a year in the UK.
When inhaled, fibres enter the lungs and can gradually damage them, potentially leading to cancer.
Glad to hear the issue was resolved so rapidly!