The Latest Celebrity News & Showbiz Gossip
Thursday 22nd August 2019

Doctors warn women against putting melted chocolate in their vaginas

Choccy-woccy-foo-fah

Couples are forever trying to spice up their sex lives, and one of the most popular ways is to introduce food into the bedroom.

But one doctor has warned against using a particular foodstuff in a particular place.

Melted chocolate could be a danger to intimate places (Credit: Pexels)

Read more: Weight is 'falling off' Arg as he trains with Love Island star

Hot on the heels of health warnings of putting ice lollies into vaginas to try and cool down during the recent heatwave, health bods have now issued another warning that concerns places down below.

One doctor has now issued a health warning to kinky couples who enjoy using melted chocolate in an intimate part of the body during foreplay.

The Daily Star reports that Dr Shree Datta from MyHealthcare Clinic warns about not only 'painful burns' but also infection.

Melted chocolate can cause damage (Credit: Pexels)

She said: "Chocolate is not dangerous if used in intimate areas externally and not too hot, but it is important to wash it off fully to minimise the risk of irritation."

Using chocolate to spice up your love life is one thing, but Dr Datta warns there could be an added problem: infection.

I would not recommend inserting foods into the vagina due to the risks.

"I would not recommend inserting foods into the vagina due to the risks," she explained, as the chocolate left behind could act as a feeding ground for harmful bacteria.

The recent heatwave also cause ice lolly warnings (Credit: Pexels)

Read more: Home And Away's Johnny Ruffo shares emotional post after 'beating brain cancer'

During the recent heatwave, social media was buzzing with tips on how to stay chilled in the nerve-frazzling heat, from freezing your bed sheets to closing windows and curtains.

Many of us will be reaching for an ice lolly to suck on to keep us refreshed but, er, make sure that's all you do with one...

Dr Sarah Welsh, the co-founder of HANX condom brand, told Metro: "The vagina is composed of very delicate and sensitive skin, hence things that may seem innocent to other areas of the body, if they come in contact with the vagina, can cause infections, irritations and damage."

"There are many things that should never go near a vagina and ice lollies are up there."

Let us know what you think of our story on our Facebook page @EntertainmentDailyFix.