News

Brad is single! Airline capitalizes on Brangelina split with cheeky ad

Norwegian Air Shuttle sees the fun side as Pitt child abuse probe continues

| Updated:

Fans may be gutted that Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have called it quits but one enterprising company has seen it as a marketing tool.

Within days of Angelina filing for divorce, Norwegian Airline took out newspaper ads in the UK boasting about their cheap fares from London to Los Angeles.

brad-is-single-ad-copy

The simple message “Brad is single” splashed across the ad was enough to make people tweet about the funny marketing ploy.

Norwegian Air even tweeted one ad that looks like a mock dating profile for the 52-year-old father-of-six.

It says: “Actor. LA. Newly single. Seeks likeminded partner with GSOH [good sense of humour].”

brad-is-single-copy

Not everyone is thrilled that the airline is focusing on Brad to flog the £169 fares.

One Twitter user noted: “Dear #norwegianair FYI #Angelina is single too. You could have charged more from #men to just see her.”

brad-is-single-tweet-copy

It’s a light-hearted take on what has been a very stressful week for the star ever since news broke that 41-year-old Angelina filed for divorce. The Hollywood star has been accused of smoking weed, getting drunk, having anger issues and child abuse.

screen-shot-2016-09-23-at-10-22-12-am

But amid reports he is the subject of an FBI investigation for an alleged altercation with his 15-year-old son Maddox there is some good news for the Fight Club actor.

According to TMZ multiple law enforcement sources have said it is unlikely Brad will be prosecuted for the alleged altercation on the private jet.

There have been conflicting reports of what happened on the September 14 flight from France to the US. Some insiders say that Brad allegedly lunged at Angelina during a heated argument and that Maddox stepped in between them.

Sources told TMZ the actor “made contact” with his son and there is a dispute as to whether it was intentional or not.

But now a law enforcement insider allegedly tells the website, it’s “highly unlikely” something will come of the FBI investigation.

However, the LA County Department of Children’s Services probe is allegedly still underway, even though they told Vanity Fair earlier this week they “cannot confirm or deny an investigation” is taking place.

The spokesperson said, “[The] law does not allow us to confirm the subjects of our investigation.”