News

Ariana Grande touches down in London ahead of tribute gig

The singer arrived with her boyfriend and parents in tow for support

Ariana Grande has flown into London ahead of her tribute concert in Manchester on Sunday.

The singer landed at Stansted Airport at 7am, two days before the show at Old Trafford Cricket Ground.

Wearing a white hoody, and grey leggings, the star looked slightly nervous and tired ahead of her performance.

The One More Time singer brought her family and boyfriend with her to the UK (Credit: FameFlynet)

Read more: Marvin Humes gets jealous of Zac Efron after wife interviews the hunk

Her parents, Joan and Edward, and boyfriend Mac Miller, were also pictured leaving the private jet, as the 22-year-old will need as much support as she can get.

A security guard can also be seen next to the black SUV.

Ariana will be joined by Justin Bieber, Katy Perry, Little Mix, Coldplay, Miley Cyrus and Take That at the One Love Manchester concert.

She was previously pictured running into the arms of her boyfriend Mac Miller last week (Credit: FameFlynet)

The aim is to raise millions for the survivors of the terrorist attack that happened on May 22 at the MEN arena, where 22 were killed.

Tickets for the show went on sale yesterday, and it was sold out in six minutes, leaving many fans upset that they weren’t able to go and pay their respects.

Many have even been tweeting Ariana to ask if she can get them a ticket.

Organisers have employed 600 stewards to look after people attending the sold-out gig. They have also asked people to leave their bags at home, and travel as light as possible so they can get fans into the arena as quickly as possible.

Ariana looked sombre as she stepped out of the jet (Credit: FameFlynet)

It has also been confirmed that Ariana will be joined on stage by students at Parrs Wood High School, near Stockport.

Two of the pupils in the choir were at the concert on May 22, and have been asked to perform.

Teacher Dan McDwyer said he was “so so proud” of them, and said: “Going to be such a beautiful tribute, this for Manchester!”.

A post shared by Ariana Grande (@arianagrande) on

Read more: Simon Cowell hints at paying for BGT star’s life-saving surgery

The attacker Salman Abedi detonated a suicide bomb in the foyer of Manchester Arena as fans left Ariana’s concert just over a week ago.

Isis have now claimed responsibility, as investigators are still probing the possibility of a broader terror network behind the 22-year-old.

While the attack was traumatic, Ariana and the array of pop stars that are performing will no doubt make hundreds of thousands of dreams come true on Sunday.

Ariana’s statement to her fans said: “We will continue to honor of the ones we lost, their loved ones, my fans and all affected by this tragedy.

“They will be on my mind and in my heart everyday and I will think of them with everything I do for the rest of my life.”

Related Topics