Ant McPartlin and his estranged wife Lisa have been granted a divorce in under 30 seconds.
Judge Alun Jenkins, sitting at the Central London Family Court, granted the couple a decree nisi on Tuesday.
Lisa had sought a divorce on the grounds of adultery.
Court documents indicated the judge held that “the respondent has committed adultery and that the petitioner finds it intolerable to live with the respondent.”
Ant began a relationship with personal assistant Anne-Marie Corbett after his split from Lisa but before they had officially divorced, which meant he was technically still married while in a new romance, hence the ‘adultery’ grounds.
If neither party raises a case against the making of a decree absolute within six weeks, their divorce will be finalised.
Ant, 42, who is one half of TV duo Ant and Dec, confirmed in January that he and his wife were splitting following months of speculation about their relationship.
In a statement issued at the time, a representative said: “In response to the recent speculation in the media, Ant is very sad to announce that, after eleven years, he is ending his marriage to Lisa.
“Ant asks for privacy at this difficult time, for both himself, Lisa and their immediate families.
“No further statement will be made.”
The couple met at a roadshow in Newcastle in the mid-1990s while Lisa was an aspiring pop star in Deuce.
Ant went on to become one of the UK’s most successful TV presenters alongside telly partner Dec Donnelly, while Lisa is a well-known make-up artist who works on some of the UK’s biggest TV shows such as Strictly Come Dancing.
Last year, Ant completed a stint in rehab after struggling with a two-year addiction to super-strength painkillers after being left in agony following a knee operation in 2015.
In April this year, he was banned from the roads for 20 months and fined £86,000 for driving while more than twice the legal limit.
He later announced he was stepping back from TV commitments and will not appear on the next series of I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here!
He will be replaced by This Morning’s Holly Willoughby, who will host the show alongside Dec from Australia later this year.
Holly said: “I couldn’t be more excited to have been asked to stand alongside Dec for the next jungle adventure. I love Ant and want to send him my best wishes and support for a continued recovery. These are big shoes, not to fill, but just to keep warm for a little bit.
“Honestly, I’m a huge fan of I’m A Celebrity and actually feel like I’ve won a competition to go and hang out on my favourite show!”
As well as skipping this year’s I’m A Celebrity, there will be no Saturday Night Takeaway in 2019.
ITV has explained it’s because production on the March series would normally have started by now, but with Ant taking time out from work that hasn’t happened.
Instead, the show will return to ITV in 2020.
Are you missing Ant on TV? Leave us a comment on our Facebook page @EntertainmentDailyFix and let us know what you think!