The Latest Celebrity News & Showbiz Gossip
Sunday 8th December 2019

Brenda Edwards found out X Factor: All Stars was cancelled after reading about it in the papers

Simon's pulled the plug…

She found fame on The X Factor back in 2013 and claims she was due to appear on the All Stars version of the show.

Now Loose Women panellist Brenda Edwards has revealed that she wasn't told that Simon Cowell's new show had been cancelled.

Instead, she said she read about the news in the papers.

Brenda Edwards said she discovered X Factor All Stars had been cancelled by reading about it in the papers (Credit: Splash News)

Speaking to the Daily Star Sunday, Brenda said she was "surprised" to read the news.

She claimed that no one from the show had told her that the All Stars version had been axed.

Read more: David Walliams threatens to boycott Simon Cowell's rearranged 60th

She said: "We were waiting to hear what was going on and then I saw it in the paper that the series had been cancelled."

We were waiting to hear what was going on and then I saw in the paper the series had been cancelled.

Brenda also said she thought it was a "shame" it had been cancelled.

Brenda doesn't know why Simon Cowell decided to axe the show (Credit: Splash News)

However, she revealed that she had no idea why the decision had been made.

In a further twist, though, a spokesperson for the show said that Brenda was never due to appear.

Read more: Viewers divided over Vinnie Jones's tribute to his late wife Tanya

They said: "Whilst everyone has fond memories of Brenda Edwards‘ time on The X Factor, she was not due to be part of the All Stars series."

Brenda appeared on The X Factor back in 2013 (Credit: YouTube)

The X Factor: Celebrity has seen its ratings slide in recent weeks.

Boss Simon even cancelled his 60th birthday party to concentrate on the show.

Let us know what you think of our story on our Facebook page @EntertainmentDailyFix.