Rylan Clark-Neal has announced he will co-host Strictly’s It Takes Two alongside Zoe Ball later this year.
The news was revealed on the show’s Twitter account on Thursday morning.
The post read: “Joining Zoe Ball as the co-host of It Takes Two is Rylan!
— BBC Strictly ✨ (@bbcstrictly) 18 April 2019
“We can’t wait to welcome him to the #Strictly family when the show returns on @BBCTwo in the autumn.”
Rylan, 30, shared his excitement about joining the BBC show on his own Twitter account.
He said: “So excited to finally say i’m thrilled to be joining Team @bbcstrictly and can’t wait to get my big old teeth stuck into hosting #ItTakesTwo alongside the gorgeous @ZoeTheBall.
“Thanks for trusting me with another one of your babies! Can’t wait to get going! #DaDaDaDaDaDaDaaaaaa.”
So excited to finally say i’m thrilled to be joining Team @bbcstrictly and can’t wait to get my big old teeth stuck into hosting #ItTakesTwo alongside the gorgeous @ZoeTheBall . Thanks for trusting me with another one of your babies! Can’t wait to get going! #DaDaDaDaDaDaDaaaaaa pic.twitter.com/UxkpHFCEOT
— Rylan Clark-Neal (@Rylan) 18 April 2019
In a statement, Rylan said: “I can’t begin to explain how excited I am to be joining the Strictly family.
“I’ve always been a massive fan of It Takes Two and to be working with the amazing Zoe Ball is a dream.
“I’m extremely honoured to be joining such a television institution and can’t wait to bring a lot of mischief to the Strictly bubble. I’m looking forward to getting started and seeing you all soon.”
Fans were over the moon and congratulated Rylan on his new TV job.
One person said: “LOVE THIS! Congratulations,” while another wrote: “Omg yess!!! You’ll be perfect for that job! I can’t wait for you to start!! Congratulations.”
A third tweeted: “You will be perfect. Fantastic news. Congratulations, Rylan.”
Zoe has hosted the spin-off show since 2011 when she took over the role from Claudia Winkleman – who went on to co-host the results show with Tess Daly before replacing Bruce Forsyth on the main show in 2014.
It comes after it was announced Darcey Bussell has stepped down from her role as a judge on the main show.
A string of names have been thrown into the mix to replace her, including Anton du Beke, Nicole Scherzinger, Arlene Phillips and last year’s winner Stacey Dooley.
Leave us a comment on our Facebook page @EntertainmentDailyFix and let us know what you think of this story.