The Latest Celebrity News & Showbiz Gossip
Monday 18th November 2019

I'm A Celeb star Rebekah Vardy claims reality show is 'staged'

Apparently there are cameras everywhere

With the start of the new series of I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! previous contestants are coming out of the woodwork to reveal show secrets.

And now, last year's star, Rebekah Vardy has opened up about her time in the Australian jungle, claiming producers stage conversations and instruct contestants on "what to talk about."

WAG Rebekah has given an interview about the show (credit: ITV)

WAG Rebekah, who married footballer Jamie Vardy in 2016, told Heat Magazine the show's editing was excessive, explaining: "Even down to us walking to the trials. We had to do that walk three or four times.

Even down to us walking to the trials, we had to do that walk three or four times.

"Any time that you see people sat around the fire, usually someone’s been called to the Bush Telegraph and comes out with a bit of paper and says, 'We all need to discuss this topic.'"

The outspoken TV star was third to be voted off the show last year (credit: ITV)

She also claimed they were monitored within an inch of their lives, saying: "I lost count of how many cameras there are. Above your head, the cameras are on zip-wires, so they follow you everywhere! It’s crazy, it’s like Big Brother – you’re watched and listened to 24 hours a day."

Mum-of-four Rebekah, 36, won over fans last year appearing on the ITV reality show alongside the likes of boxer Amir Khan, comedian Iain Lee and Made In Chelsea's Georgia 'Toff' Toffolo - who went on to win the show.

Toff went on to win 2017 I'm A Celeb (credit: antanddec Instagram)

An I’m A Celeb spokesperson has since told The Metro: "What viewers see on screen is a fair and accurate representation of life in camp."

Read more: I'm A Celeb viewers in hysterics over Harry Redknapp's story about Prince Harry

The brand new series of the show started on Sunday and has already featured tears, snake bites, and hilarious anecdotes about blanking royals.

Holly Willoughby is a new presenter on the show (credit: ITV)

Football manager Harry Redknapp had viewers in hysterics during Monday night's episode, after telling a story about snubbing Prince Harry.

The 71-year-old revealed how he had simply said "alright mate" to the royal heir, after failing to recognise him.

Speaking in the Croc Creek camp, the former sports star said: "I’m reading the Evening Standard. Suddenly, one of the guys says, 'Hi, Harry,' so I look up and went, 'Alright, mate?' and carried on reading the paper."

Harry is already proving to be great fun (credit: ITV)

He continued: "I thought, 'I know him from somewhere, that geezer.' I thought, 'Did he used to play for me?'

"I'm thinking, 'Who is he?' and suddenly it come to me. So I go up to the girl on reception and I said, 'Excuse me, is that who I think it is?' and she says, 'Yes, it’s Prince Harry.' I've 'mated' him and gone on reading the paper!"

The contestants are already bonding (credit: ITV)

He also admitted he had dinner with Princess Beatrice on a separate occasion, with no idea who she was until she told a story about her grandma - and he realised it was the Queen!

Read more: Katie Price sends heartbreaking message to Harvey's dad, Dwight Yorke

Staged or not, we're loving this series so far. And, really, whatever it takes to keep those Harry Redknapp stories a-comin'...

Do you care if conversations are staged? Leave us a comment on our Facebook page @EntertainmentDailyFix and let us know what you think.