The Latest Celebrity News & Showbiz Gossip

Tuesday 25th June 2019

Joe McFadden wants to return to Holby - as a ghost!

The producers haven't gone for the idea

Former Holby City star Joe McFadden has revealed he wants to return to the BBC drama series despite his character Raf di Lucca being killed off last year.

The Strictly Come Dancing winner, insists despite Raf, who was married to Essie Harrison (Kaye Wragg) being shot and killed by Fredrick Johanssen (Billy Postletwaite), he could still come back – although confessed the producers weren’t convinced!

Joe McFadden as Holby's Raf di Lucca (Credit: BBC)

Read more: Rosie Marcel operated on husband using skills she picked up on Holby

The 43-year-old actor told Inside Soap magazine: "Nothing lasts forever. I pitched it to the producer that Raf could appear as a ghost and give Essie some advice, but he wasn’t having it!

"I’m happy being a good memory and Raf’s memorial was blessed by Reverend Richard Coles. He blessed it in real life as well – so I really feel as if I’m dead now!"

I pitched it to the producer that Raf could appear as a ghost and give Essie some advice.

However, despite his suggestions for a supernatural storyline, at the time of his departure after three years on the hospital drama he admitted he was "relieved" at Raf’s exit.

Raf's tragic death on Holby City (Credit: BBC)

Read more: Tears for broken Fletch in Holby City Christmas special

He told Digital Spy: "It would have been nice to have that safety net, and perhaps I would have gone back, but I’m a great believer in closing doors firmly.

"When it was decided that my character was being killed, there was a part of me that felt relieved about it."

He added: "It’s not really good to repeat yourself, so that’s why it’s a good thing I’m leaving."

Joe McFadden winning the glitterball trophy with Katya Jones in 2017 (Credit: BBC - Photographer: Guy Levy)

Read more: All the latest news on your favourite TV Dramas on Entertainment Daily

Joe, who is set to star in The House on Cold Hill at the Belgrade theatre in February alongside I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here’s Rita Simons, admitted it was emotional to have to hand over the Strictly Come Dancing title to new winners Stacey Dooley and Kevin Clifton.

Speaking on Lorraine shortly after their win, the 2017 champion said: "That’s the way things work out, you have something for a while and then give it to Stacey and doesn’t she deserve it? It was so emotional. It was so sweet."

Would you like to see Joe return to Holby as a ghost? Leave us a comment on our Facebook page @EntertainmentDailyFix and let us know what you think!