Strictly pro AJ Pritchard has admitted his future on the BBC One show is not yet confirmed.
The 24-year-old dance star revealed on This Morning earlier today that he hasn’t heard producers telling him he’s wanted back for the seventeenth series later this year.
And although AJ remains hopeful he will return for a fourth time - having debuted in 2016 - he knows his fellow pros find themselves in the same boat.Last week Pasha Kovalev - who won the competition with Caroline Flack in 2014 and was a runner-up twice - surprised fans by announcing he would not be back for the 2019 series.
AJ told hosts Eamonn Holmes and Ruth Langsford he would be informed of his bosses’ decision by the end of the month.
He said: "Thing is we’re all in the same situation. Like any contract we wait for that phone call. Obviously I want to be back.
Hopefully that phone call does come.
"Hopefully that phone call does come. It's all good."The popular dancer added he was sorry to see pal Pasha move on.
"Obviously the show is fantastic and we love it and I'll do it for many years as possible.
"The sad thing with Pasha leaving - we didn’t expect it. He made the decision to do it. He was quiet. It's losing a member of the Strictly family."
AJ, who said he has recovered well after he and his brother were attacked by thugs in a nightclub, also dismissed any speculation he may have romanced Caroline Flack.
Rubbishing reports that linked them at an awards bash he said: "From my recollection we were just talking at the bar - as the photos show. It was loud."
— AJ Pritchard (@Aj11Ace) February 19, 2019
- This Morning is on ITV, weekdays from 10.30am
Leave us a comment on our Facebook page @EntertainmentDailyFix and let us know what you think of this story.