The Latest Celebrity News & Showbiz Gossip

Wednesday 24th April 2019

Brendan Cole tells Loose Women he had 12 operations on his penis

He opened up about his insecurities

Brendan Cole has revealed he had to undergo 12 operations on his penis when he was a child.

Appearing on Monday's Loose Women, the former Strictly Come Dancing pro said he had to have the procedures as he was born with hypospadias, a male congenital condition in which the opening of the urethra is on the underside of the penis.

During a candid discussion about male body hang-ups, Brendan made the revelation.

Brendan opened up about his insecurities (Credit: ITV)

Read more: Brendan Cole hints at real reason he was ditched from Strictly

Brendan admitted he was "very self-conscious" when he was younger because his penis didn't fully develop.

He explained: "It's ingrained from you from an early age, have you got a small one or a big one. Most people have a fairly normal sized penis.

"On a personal note, I had issues when I was born called hypospadias. That also made me very self-conscious. It’s where your penis isn’t fully developed or has an issue.

"That was a major thing for me. I had 12 operations from the age of two to 12."

Brendan revealed he underwent 12 operations on his penis when he was a child (Credit: ITV)

He added: "I’ve never actually said that on television. What the hell are you doing. I’m an honest person.

That was a major thing for me. I had 12 operations from the age of two to 12.

"That made me question whether everything was normal, whether it worked, whether I was like everyone else until I was 16, 18 into my early 20s.

"Whether it was like everyone else’s - because we all have insecurities."

Meanwhile on the show, Brendan opened up about his exit from Strictly Come Dancing.

Brendan opened up about his Strictly exit (Credit: ITV)

Brendan, 42, appeared in the first 15 series of the BBC One programme, but earlier this year it was announced his contract had not been renewed.

The star admitted he was disappointed not to have been asked back on the show for its 16th series and even hinted that he was dropped from the show after making comments about head judge Shirley Ballas.

Asked whether comments he had made off-air about head judge Shirley had led to his departure, he replied: "I can’t possibly say."

However, he appeared to confirm this was the case by adding he had made comments that were "out of line".

Brendan hinted he left Strictly after making comments about Shirley (Credit: BBC)

Asked who his comments had been directed at, Brendan said: "I can’t possibly say."

He added: "I don’t think it was one particular thing. It was one or two things, which I won’t go into.

"I can be a controversial character. I got a rap on the knuckles for saying one thing off air, which was fair enough."

Brendan admitted he's a "controversial character" (Credit: ITV)

Read more: Brendan Cole addresses possible Strictly Come Dancing return

At the time of his contract not being renewed, a spokesman for the BBC said: "We’d like to thank Brendan for being part of the show since the beginning – winner of the first series – and for the contribution he has made to its success.

"We wish him all the very best for the future."

Since leaving Strictly Come Dancing, Brendan has toured his dance show All Night Long across the UK.

Do you miss Brendan on Strictly? Leave us a comment on our Facebook page @EntertainmentDailyFix and let us know what you think!